3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Front driver side noise....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:39 PM
BigTXRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front driver side noise....

It dosent seem to do it until I get above 30mph and even then it doesnt always do it, but I've noticed a noise coming from the front driver side tire/wheel area when driving. It sounds like a tic/slap kinda like theres something stuck in the tire. Ive checked the tire over and cant find anything. The only other time I've heard the noise is on a semi-truck passing me on the freeway, it made the same sound from one of his tires. Sorry, wished I could describe it better. Anyone ever had anything like this or know what it could be. It didnt start until after my last rotation. Is it more then likely a tire issue or should I be worried about something else? Ive crawled under there and everything seems to be in order. I also noticed the truck rides rougher when this is happening. What do ya'll think?

Old 03-27-2011, 10:16 PM
NSASarge
Amateur

Belt separation ... flat spot ... thrown wheel weight? Do you have 4WD? Maybe a CV joint?

Old 03-28-2011, 03:01 AM
BigTXRam
Professional

its 2wd. if it was a cv wouldnt it be doing it all the time? I keep thinking its the tire because depending on the road it seems like it goes away some times. Matter of fact tonight on the way home from work it was making noise, stopped at a light started going again and it quit for a while. Im think also might have to do with all the manhole covers and **** downtown it always seems that i go over them on the drivers side. Im gonna rotate the tires this week so Ill see how that goes.

Quick Reply: Front driver side noise....