3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

FYI for Projector users, not just any HID kit but something cool...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:46 AM
slimvela
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI for Projector users, not just any HID kit but something cool...

During my search for options to replace my stock cracked/hazed headlamps I came across some interesting finds...thought you might like to read about one in particular.

Not to bore you with a long story on the options I am considering, I'll just give a brief description to one I am considering.

There is a HID product that uses Halogen Projector lamp housings. The Morimoto Stage II Amp Kit. "The bulbs in our Stage II Kit are designed specially for use in halogen projectors. Their focus lengths are properly matched to their halogen bulb equivalents to give you an in-focus, proper distribution of light."

On a side note, I will not consider putting HID in a Halogen housing otherwise. We all know the glare and poorly scattered beam given by HID systems placed in Halogen housings, right? Even though some think they are viable options and "adjust" them, it's a big time no-no according to automobile standards and in some cases even the Law. Simply the right bulb in the wrong housing, or vice-versa.

Quick Reply: FYI for Projector users, not just any HID kit but something cool...