3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2007 Ram 1500 MegaCab u-joints again

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:54 PM
uwpahlow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Ram 1500 MegaCab u-joints again

Any body else having this problem? Had the front left front u-joint done at 55,000 and just had it done again today at 125,000. Dealership says to expect this every 60,000 miles or so on this truck? Really? Am I alone thinking that this shouldn't be like this?

When I asked him today about what typically goes wrong with this truck he said u-joints and king pins are the weakest link. Are there a lot of us that are having to replace these that often and do you think that is ok? I'm asking because it seems to me like these should last longer than 60,000 miles.

Thanks

Old 06-13-2011, 11:38 PM
uwpahlow

Just did the right front u joint last week. Now I've done the left front twice, the right front, and the u joint between the driveline and the rear diff. I've done 4 u joints in 135,000 miles. My truck can't be the only one with this type of u joint problems. What the heck!? I love my truck but this is getting silly. Thank you Chrysler for the lifetime warranty, I didn't realize how much I would need it.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

LOL @ the lifetime warranty.

Moved to the Gen section for non-tech.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Bryanp

Originally Posted by uwpahlow
Just did the right front u joint last week. Now I've done the left front twice, the right front, and the u joint between the driveline and the rear diff. I've done 4 u joints in 135,000 miles. My truck can't be the only one with this type of u joint problems. What the heck!? I love my truck but this is getting silly. Thank you Chrysler for the lifetime warranty, I didn't realize how much I would need it.
So, did the warranty cover the U-joints?

Quick Reply: 2007 Ram 1500 MegaCab u-joints again