3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Skyjacker lift?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 AM
mattwv88
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker lift?

Hey guys,
I have a newb ? for ya.

I am looking at this lift on Summit Racing http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SJA-D2601A-NSP/

Why is it so cheap comparred to the other skyjacker lifts? I know it don`t have shocks but other than that is it a bad lift? Seems to good to be true so I am sure it is.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Old 04-14-2011, 06:47 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by mattwv88
Hey guys,
I have a newb ? for ya.

I am looking at this lift on Summit Racing http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SJA-D2601A-NSP/

Why is it so cheap comparred to the other skyjacker lifts? I know it don`t have shocks but other than that is it a bad lift? Seems to good to be true so I am sure it is.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
By looking at the price, and the amount of lift, I would assume you get 3" from the steering knuckle and add-a-leaf, and another 3" from a body lift. So you're only getting 3" of "suspension lift" using that kit, presumably. It would be helpful if they showed the actual kit, but for that price, I would bet suspension+body is the case.

**edit**
I take almost all of what I said previously back. Upon further research at many other websites, SkyJacker part number D2601A-NSP includes the following: Knuckles - 90 Deg. Sway Bar Link. - Hardware
Every other website besides Summit also states: Other Parts Required For A Complete Set
This leads me to believe that what Summit is selling is merely the front portion of a larger kit. This is further backed by the fact that they sell part number D2601B-NSP with the description: Sub Assembly, for SJA-D2601K, Kit
Looking up SJA-D2601K, it seems to be made up of both SJA-D2601A & B

Depending on what exactly you need, I would proceed with caution.

Last edited by Brandon Anderson; 04-14-2011 at 07:18 AM. Reason: content/clarification/grammar
Old 04-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Rich 2500
Veteran

If you go to their home page, it looks like the D2601-NSP, is what all their lift kits are built off of, no springs or shocks. All their higher priced kits include the D2601 as part of the setup.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker lift?