3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Salvage Sites for dodge

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Monster1500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salvage Sites for dodge

I am looking to buy a 4x4 dodge with the preferred year of 2002 with a blown motor of 4.7L. I have a 2wd that i want to strip down and throw in to a 4x4 chassis. I live in NY and with the locker and huge tires it still sucks driving in the snow. I want to find a wrecked 4x4 that i can strip my truck down and throw all the parts of mine into the wrecked one to get a good truck. i Want to start from scratchvand do a huge lift and all sorts of **** too. I have been searching a lot of sites but no luck. Your help is welcomed. thank guys.
O btw how do you add pics because i am not seeing the add pic button when i click on pics and albums tab in my profile. I must be not seeing it. thanks of the help!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:45 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Monster1500
I am looking to buy a 4x4 dodge with the preferred year of 2002 with a blown motor of 4.7L. I have a 2wd that i want to strip down and throw in to a 4x4 chassis. I live in NY and with the locker and huge tires it still sucks driving in the snow. I want to find a wrecked 4x4 that i can strip my truck down and throw all the parts of mine into the wrecked one to get a good truck. i Want to start from scratchvand do a huge lift and all sorts of **** too. I have been searching a lot of sites but no luck. Your help is welcomed. thank guys.
O btw how do you add pics because i am not seeing the add pic button when i click on pics and albums tab in my profile. I must be not seeing it. thanks of the help!

Good luck, I recently hit a deer and am convinced that I am the first person in my county to wreck an 06-08 truck cuz I couldn't find shizot to fix my truck, I had to go custom on the grill, order a new bumper from the dealer (not as bad as you might think...was only $115...but the paint was $46) And slapped in fog lights instead of replacing the fog light(less) plug

Old 04-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Owensue
Veteran

Would it not be cheaper to upgrade your 2wd to a 4x4?

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ268358184

I got my cai from this guy, his proving is flexible. I almost bought his tranny.

He has the entire drivetrain & frame left from his 02.

Only about 3 hours from the border.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:39 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I do a lot of CL searching for parts because on CL some ppl dont know what they have or what to price it as

Old 05-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Monster1500
Rookie

It all looks good but i am still out there hunting and searching. I would love to find something before winter rolls around here. I am finding these sites, but no luck. If i was to buy one up here its cost too much money. Its a pickup truck not gold lol. parents wanted to sell mine so i could just go to a new one, but 1 i don't want to make car payments and 2 you can't mod a new one with the Warranty. Let me know if you find anything guys thanks

Old 05-11-2011, 06:23 PM
ron333
Captain

I went to these guys for a steering knuckle because nobody local could help me. Not only was the pricing reasonable, but they sent the part right away and it worked perfectly!
http://www.mintonmotorsinc.com/

Old 05-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Owensue
Veteran

Search kijiji.ca for Canadian second hand sales, I have seen some parts trucks listed cheap and it's not far from you.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Salvage Sites for dodge