3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

cone filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:31 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BigHorn777
I have had the Spectre 4" for over a year now and had no issues with it. My buddy has the same and no issues. I also had a spectre on my 99 dodge ram for 4 years with no issues. Can not see how it would fall apart, the cone is glued to the ring with tons of glue and the mesh/filter is one piece???? But what ever, everybody prefers there own brand. Cheers.
The filter didn't fall apart, the CAI did. We intended to re-use his filter but it just happened to be sitting close to where I was cutting the PVC (open end down) and when I picked it up, I noticed some fine white dust from the PVC in the ring on my workbench. There was course dust mixed with fine all over the table, floor, etc. but the fine was in the ring.

This led me to believe that the finer dust was passing thru the filter. We then did some tests blowing stuff at it with my air compressor and I didn't like what I saw. Neither did the owner, who decided we'd take a ride to the auto parts store for a different filter. Now in fairness, the Spectre wasn't new, but it had less than 12k miles on it.

Not condemning anyone with a Spectre, a lot of guys have them, the price is hard to beat and I don't know of anyone specifically who has had an issue with one. But if I personally was going to buy a filter, I'd spend a little extra on one of the ones I mentioned above.

Quick Reply: cone filter