3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Will I regret this!! Mega to quad cab downgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im always kinda dissapointed in my backseat when I get in my buddies F-150s and Chevy/GMCs but if I had more room, Id just junk it up more so I probably dont need it.

I couldnt handle a dually. I have a hard enough time parking as is, just think of and other extra 1 1/2 foot wide back there. On top of that, there is no way you wouldnt have all kinds of scratches and dents from people hitting the fenders.

I, for one, hate the look of duallys also. Except Mega Cab duallys. They are the real deal

Old 05-11-2011, 07:37 AM
1987notchback
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt99
Im always kinda dissapointed in my backseat when I get in my buddies F-150s and Chevy/GMCs but if I had more room, Id just junk it up more so I probably dont need it.

I couldnt handle a dually. I have a hard enough time parking as is, just think of and other extra 1 1/2 foot wide back there. On top of that, there is no way you wouldnt have all kinds of scratches and dents from people hitting the fenders.

I, for one, hate the look of duallys also. Except Mega Cab duallys. They are the real deal

+1 on the size, depends on where you drive/park if you need the extra towing/load capacity go for it but if you do not i would hold out for what you really want. i have made the mistake of settling in the past on a vehicle and always regreted it. but if thats what you can find and is the best deal then def go for it. i always think of down the road of what i would want in my next truck. i def would like a CTD but then realize that i really do not need all the extra power considering the weight i tow etc. i love desiels(spelling) my dad is a desiel mechanic but everytime i read my manual for what i need to do for maintenance i always see how much extra matenence and money a diesel is. doing the math usually the gas usually is cheaper in the end. the gas may get a little less mpg but is also a good amount cheaper off the bat. but thats just me and what works for me, everyones needs and prefrences are different. i have read a lot of posts in the ctd section and one caught my attention recently. there is a post on what guys are getting for milage and i was surprised that they were getting pretty similar milage as gassers, but i cannot say from experience just what i read. i hope this makes sense and helps. don't get me wrong i love the sound and feel of a diesel and the possibility of more boost tuning and power! sry for the bad spelling

Quick Reply: Will I regret this!! Mega to quad cab downgrade