3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Belated Introduction along with pics of the truck and mods I've already done.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 06:58 PM
T_Visk
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belated Introduction along with pics of the truck and mods I've already done.

Ok, to start off I'm Trevor and I live in eastern South Dakota. I was on here when I first decided to buy a Dodge truck. I was in the Dakotas forums to start with and then the Ram section. I ended up buying a regular cab blue 3rd gen ram in North Carolina. It was a 45 hour round trip drive. Worth it, I love the truck. The truck: 06 SLT reg cab short box RAM. I bought a used Leer 100XL topper that came off a 1 ton short box diesel ram painted to match. It needed new struts which I already purchased. It's not perfect but I got it for $500 and a 6 hour round trip drive. I like to take trips as you can see, ha. Other mod I did was y-pipe exhaust with 4 inch tips and an additional imitator flowmaster 40. The stock is still in there but I might take it out. Here are pics and I'll follow up with some additional things I need to do and I need some advice on a few things. Nice to meet you all!

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  117.8 KB

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  92.9 KB

Ok, so as you can see in the third pic there are four holes from a tailgate spoiler/cover that was on the truck that I had to take out to put the topper on. My ideas to cover it up are putting four leds in and hooking it up to the brake lights or I believe there should be a tailgate cover that covers it?? Link or info would be appreciated.

Another idea instead of buying some stock flower petal 20s which was my original idea is to keep these wheels and fill in the depressed part of the spokes with black/dark blue to match the truck. Advice on painting this or do you think this would be cool and if you can photoshop would anybody mind doing this for me? Thanks.

Tint is coming next week and I will be adding more pics as I go. The bed is in ****ty condition so I was going to herculiner it but I don't care what it looks like so my new plan is to put some line-x type bed rail covers and tailgate cover if I don't go with the led idea for the holes. and then just get this rust stop spray and wire wheel anything that starts down and spray it over. like I said I don't care what the bed looks like because there is a topper on it but I just am worried about it rusting through.

Future mods-

I'm thinking of lowering the rear to level it out any advice on this?

Ok, so weathertech has custom fit floor mats and they seem nice but expensive. Is there a just an effective cheaper way to protect the floor?

Way future mod-
Subs behind the seats... andbody make a nice custom box for this> or has anybody just put one twelve behind the center console so you have some storage space to the left and right?

Sorry this is a lot for one post but I figure it would be easier than making a ton of different posts.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:17 PM
T_Visk
Rookie

BUMP!

Anybody know a part number or where to buy an aftermarket part for this tailgate? I don't want it to rust or anything. There are holes in the bottom of tailgate I saw but I'm sure unless I'm driving some is just sitting in there.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 PM
hirschy
Veteran

Welcome,

Very nice ram you got the there.

On my truck I didn't have the spoiler thing, the previous owner put the bushwacker bed caps on and they seem to work ok.

Here's a link:
http://www.bushwacker.com/BedRailCap_Dodge.asp

Jeff

Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 AM
T_Visk
Rookie

Ya, but will it cover the holes? I don't want to invest a bunch of money for no reason is my problem. Thats kind of the problem with ordering it online. do you have pictures of yours? It doesn't have any measurements for the tailgate caps.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:12 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

They make a tailgate cap that will cover those holes. i cant remember the thread but there is one here with that same issue and has pics.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:17 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

Looks like a nice truck. Did you say that you added a fake flowmaster in combination with your stock muffler? Why would you do that?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:00 PM
hirschy
Veteran

Sorry it took a while its been raining.

Name:  IMG-20110601-00046-1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  54.5 KB

Jeff

Old 06-02-2011, 12:03 AM
dnlo613
Rookie

I had to replace my t.gate protecter when i put my cap on,any truck cap shop should have one in stock for about 30 bucks.Goes on w/2 way tape and covers the holes... still have my old one in the back if anybody needs one...

Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
T_Visk
Rookie

Originally Posted by bgbluram2
Looks like a nice truck. Did you say that you added a fake flowmaster in combination with your stock muffler? Why would you do that?

I'm not sure, the guy at the shop said he does it on a lot of trucks. He said he can take off the stock one if I want. They go in a straight line both the mufflers then it splits after the mufflers.

I like the sound, but was there a better cheap way to do duals?? I can't afford headers back this was under $400 including everything.

Thanks, I'll order the smooth back ones on jc whitney, they look like they should cover fine. I wanted to order some floor mats on there too.

I talked to the dealer about a stock part that they wanted like 86 dollars and some change. I'm not about to pay that.

Quick Reply: Belated Introduction along with pics of the truck and mods I've already done.