3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Y pipe recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
bgbluram2
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha, nevermind. After looking at the picture again I realize that that new pipe is the pipe that goes back towards the new Y-pipe.

Well, I just got home from the muffler shop who installed my new Y-pipe, and deleted my resonator and WOW, the truck sounds amazing and the throttle response seems to have greatly improved with the addition of my new Airaid intake and Y-pipe. I can't wait to get my programmer next week. The truck sounds mean and has no drone whatsoever. I couldn't be happier. My shop charged $100 to install the new Y-pipe and delete the resonator. Not too shabby I didn't think.. I was suprised.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:34 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Nice! Need video clip.

I've been tempted to remove my rear resonator, but worry about drone. The truck sounds great now as is, but I sometimes wonder what it would sound like without resonator.

Sil

Old 06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

I was weary too, so I had them throw the resonator in the bed of the truck in case at a later time I want to put it back on. I do not regret taking it off. The truck sounded good before don't get me wrong, but now it sounds healthy. Inside the cab is still quiet with the windows up, and at 70 you can barely hear the exhaust. It sounds best at idle I think, nice and deep.

I can assume the new tone of the exhaust comes from deleting the resonator not the Y-pipe, but I am sure the combination of the two has given me the sound I was after.

I have never made and posted a video before, but maybe I'll give it a shot. Take a video of how they ran the pipes under the truck and then a walk around or something. It will allow me to show off my new KR Fab sliders too

Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 AM
nateroach
Veteran

Glad that worked out for you, sounds like you go the sound you were looking for. I noticed a significant change when i ditched the front resonator and put in the Y, but most of that is the removal of the res.

nateroach

Quick Reply: Y pipe recommendations