3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

First time Ram owner. 2005 1500 SLT 5.7

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Knuckles1988
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time Ram owner. 2005 1500 SLT 5.7

Well as the title says I'm a first time owner of a 2005 Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V-8 Hemi. Now I get to have fun making this baby a beast. I don't really know anything at all about trucks. I was wondering if I get be pointed in the right directions as to all the things I can do to make this truck bad ***. I want to know everything. The best type of anything I can put on it. Kind of a what would you do to this truck if it was yours kind of thing. I don't know where to start with it ad have no idea what I am doing to make this truck a one of a kind. What size of lift should I do? What is the best exhaust. How can I improve MPG one I get bigger tired? Best exhaust system? I think you get the point I'm selling here. Thanks in advance for all the advice.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]

Old 06-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Marklorenzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forums! The best option for you is to honestly just start browsing our forums, specifically general discussion. There is a DIY, How To section that covers a ton of stuff too all the way from brakes to exhaust. Just start cruising page to page reading everything you can find and I am sure you will get all the information you need. This forum is full of wonderful guys who will love to help you out but we dont like repeated questions Another good function is our search. Click search and put your topic in, but if you just want to search third gen rams, do so by clicking on our forum on right side. Good luck, hope you love the truck and stick around.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:09 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome aboard.

I would start reading here and most of your questions will be answered.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...d-how-tos-133/

Quick Reply: First time Ram owner. 2005 1500 SLT 5.7