3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Teaser pic for you guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that resin is ridiculously expensive. The project looks like it is coming along

Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

$44 a gallon for resin. $16 a quart.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:35 AM
gcburkett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk about distracted driving. When I first looked at it I was thinking you would put vinyl on it, but you are going all out to make it look like molded plastic but stronger.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:58 PM
reefguy89
Captain

once you glass the console are you gonna do anything to the dash? Like smooth it out and blend them together to make it look like one piece.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:35 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

^^^ I was thinking of it. However, I already see this will not be my last build. Im going through this getting a feeling for things and how I want them. I want new switches for my bar lights, compressor, cutouts and other accessories. But the switches I want are $10 each and thats from China. Here in the states they are more. They will be blue LED switches which means my OHD and IC have to get pulled out and converted to blue LEDs

I am thinking of replacing those plain black fans with blue LED fans and covering them with 5 1/4" speaker grilles to hide them. Thinking of doing some custom plexi or lexan templates and putting in there with LEDs on the side to light them up. Thinking of taking the Foxbox out and making my own and adding a third sub and second sub amp or maybe with the next console angling the rear end of the box down and adding a second touch screen there so the rear passengers can have some control. Thinking of glassing the doors and already bought LED strips to go under the truck (two 4' strips) as well as LEDs at the bottom of the door panels (two 2' for the front doors and two 1' for the rear doors). Also adding LED strips around the back side of the grill shell and still have to put my new custom grill I got from RubberFrog.

In my mind I have a thousand ideas and pictures and never enough money at one time to do it how i want or time to finish.

Gosh i need to hit the lotto

Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
reefguy89
Captain

you could also ditch the back bench seat and get bucket seat. the extend the console all the way to the back and do a custom console/sub enclosure.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:56 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Thought about that too but I didnt know what kind of bucket seats as they all need to match (hardest thing with a QC). I thought I had remembered someone some time back putting in bucket seats in the rear and making custom brackets and mounts but I couldnt find a thread.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:11 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 PM
reefguy89
Captain

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Thought about that too but I didnt know what kind of bucket seats as they all need to match (hardest thing with a QC). I thought I had remembered someone some time back putting in bucket seats in the rear and making custom brackets and mounts but I couldnt find a thread.
you could do 4th gen seats
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-2006-a-2.html
or racing seats all around
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ing-seats.html

Old 07-06-2011, 05:47 PM
reefguy89
Captain

Originally Posted by weedahoe
^^^ I was thinking of it. However, I already see this will not be my last build. Im going through this getting a feeling for things and how I want them. I want new switches for my bar lights, compressor, cutouts and other accessories. But the switches I want are $10 each and thats from China. Here in the states they are more. They will be blue LED switches which means my OHD and IC have to get pulled out and converted to blue LEDs
are these the switces your talking about

Name:  ORACLESwitches.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  266.3 KB

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...gSwitch-1.aspx

Quick Reply: Teaser pic for you guys