3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

i need a littlehelp, im stuck.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 02:21 PM
ah21283
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I still wouldn't do it if it was me. Having a contract and even winning in court is still not collecting on any losses you may incur if he decides to just stop paying. Winning a court case is one thing, collecting on the debt is another. Just be prepared to start making that payment of X every month until the balance of X is paid if you go through with this deal, cause it could happen...
your rightt, and i couldnt like keep my title untill he finished payin could i?

Old 07-10-2011, 02:28 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Not if you give him the truck and he plans on registering and driving it. If this is a deal you really want to make happen, you're probably better off paying off his truck as part of the deal and having a lawyer draw up a contract to PAY YOU OFF on a schedule. This way you have clear title and so does he.

The problem here of course is if he stops paying you. Again, winning in court and collecting a dime are two different things, trust me on this, I sold a small business in 1993 to a guy for $115,000. Got $45k up front and had established payments of $1500 a month until it was to be paid in full. Had a lawyer protect my interest best could be done by law, had a promissory note and took a lean on the guy's house. I got four payments and the guy filed for bankruptcy. Judge ruled 100% in my favor but the guy showed NO assets and I was last in line on dibs from his house sale cause it went into foreclosure. I'm still waiting to collect anything over those first four payments.
I know this is small potatoes compared to that, but just be prepared to be out that $2000 he'll owe you. Might be the guy is straight up, but he'd be in the minority if he is...

Old 07-10-2011, 06:43 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Ain't no way I would do either deal. Plus, if he still owes on his truck, their is a lean on the truck and it would be impossible to transfer the truck until the lean is released.

Quick Reply: i need a littlehelp, im stuck.