3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Help choosing new tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 02:09 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Cooper Tire is gonna be the brand to watch for the off-road guys I think. They acquired Mickey Thompson/Dick Cepek about two years ago and the Cooper truck tires that have started hitting the market over the past year are models being desinged by the engineers who came over from MT/DC. These guys were pretty much the king of off-road tire design since the mid '70s so there is a lot of good knowledge there...

Old 07-20-2011, 12:19 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to hear Hammer. I did not know that. But yea I went with my BFGs over the Coopers because I got them for about 40 bucks less per tire than I probably would have with the Coopers. Definitely gonna consider them for my next set though. Hopefully thatll be a long way down the road though lol

Old 07-20-2011, 12:26 PM
slimvela
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Hammer on this one, and in a similar situation as Notchback. Currently have some Dueler APT that have been outstanding. However instead of the FCII I will be going with M/T STZ in a 275/70-17. My ride is pretty much stock and see's light trail use here in the deserts/mt. of central/northern AZ, it's pretty much a asphalt queen 80% of the time. Only the occasional fishing/camping/trail outings get this baby off-road.

That, and if I land this job...can you say congrats! here are some Classic II's? I knew you could.

Last edited by slimvela; 07-20-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Help choosing new tires