3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cooper LTZ with Moto Metal 951

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:41 AM
LA Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cooper LTZ with Moto Metal 951

Hey everyone, i've been looking and reading all over the internet trying to figure out what to go with and i thought i could turn to you for a little advice... I have just come across the Cooper LTZ tire, and from what i've read they seem to be a great deal. i'm thinking of getting the 305/50/R20 with a 20x10 moto metal 951 wheel. I have 2 questions, one is... do any of you have pictures of this set up you could share? i'm just curious to how much the wheel sticks out with the rim having a -18 offset. 2. is there any rubbing with this set up if the suspension is left stock? (i have a 2006 1500 4x4) i'm thinking of getting a 1-2" leveling kit on the front (i would like to only do 1" if i can...) but i might buy the tires first and upgrade the rims when i get some more cash...

if you have any pictures or advice where i could get a good deal online i would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:01 PM
nateroach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest starting here:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...dodge-ram.html

based on your your specs you listed for those wheels (-18 offset) and the stock wheels (+19 offset as listed in the link above) your looking at a 37mm difference which means those wheels would stick out about ~1.5 inches compared to stock.

the tires that you listed are 305-50-20's which are just slightly shorter than stock, but wider. 305-55 would be the same height as stock, but the LTZ's in 305-55 only come in load range E which is $$. as far as the 305-50 and if they fit on a bone stock front end you will find mixed reviews, some say it fits, some say it doesn't. Keep in mind if you see a bunch of 03-05 guys saying there is plenty of room, don't be fooled. the 06+ coil overs take up more space and leave less room for wide tires compared to the earlier 3rd gen rams.

that being said, the wheel/tire combo should fit just fine, you will just have the wheels sticking out of the wheel wells about 1.5". If you were to do those tires now and wheels later you may have to pick up some small wheel spacers (1/4") to avoid scrubbing at full lock/flex.

Cheapest place that I have seen on the LTZ's has been treaddepot.com. I have been looking at these tires for a while and might pick some up towards the end of the summer. they do get pretty good reviews, but the tread life seems to be the wild card. some people say ~50k miles, some say barely over 30K. I am also looking at the Cooper AT3's as they have a 55K mile warranty.

nateroach

Old 07-22-2011, 03:24 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ The link didn't work for me so HERE YOU GO

*must just be me??? If not, Wheel and Tire fitment is a sticky on the 3rd Gen main page.

Quick Reply: Cooper LTZ with Moto Metal 951