3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

First and Last Dodge truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:06 AM
redtruck2500
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK . MY truck is a turd . And MY truck is a POS . I am sure you drive your truck harder than me . Good for you . My truck is a work truck that my business depends on and I can't Be screwing around fixing it all the time and trying to make deliveries all the time . And I have had 11 full size trucks over the years of various makes and this particular Dodge truck has been nothing but problems . If any more problems crop up , I will contiue to report these problems unless the myopic attitude of this thread gets it shut down .

The Dodge Ram Hemi is a good powertrain though .

Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 AM
hemi348

My dodge has been a great truck, I've had little problems with it for the past 8 years. Although my silverado has been the biggest dump and its 3 years newer than the ram. Both trucks were bought brand new so neither has been abused by previous owners. The chevy a/c has broken, half speakers work, door locks are messed up, it burns out cats bc the exhaust is undersized, Leaks tranny fluid, one window barely goes down. Most of these problems started around 20-70k miles. On the other hand my ram only had a check engine light once and it was something dumb, a threaded fitting was dropping some power steering fluid.. fixed that easily. I have been satisfied with the ram!

Old 10-26-2011, 12:31 AM
redtruck2500
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
But I will say that A) I'm **** about maintenance and do it all myself and B) I know potential problem areas with these trucks (like the stock LSD, tie rod ends, etc.) and have replaced these components with better/aftermarket ones BEFORE allowing them to become an issue. There's little doubt in my mind that if I didn't yank the stock LSD at 19k miles and put in an Auburn unit, that I'd have had rear differential problems by now and with the size tires I'm running, I'd have had tie rod ends gone and probably ball joints too had I not gone to bigger, beefier and greasable Moog components.
Fixing your truck before you have problems ???? You have got to be kidding me ? Good luck defending Dodge trucks to me .

Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get off the forum and quit your bitching.
It really is annoying.
I understand you want your opinion heard, but you keep spewing the same crap over and over.
Just shut up.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:58 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by redtruck2500
Fixing your truck before you have problems ???? You have got to be kidding me ? Good luck defending Dodge trucks to me .
You don't think owners of other brands of vehicle upgrade known weaker components before they have a chance to fail? That's a little naive IMO.

I don't need to defend anything to you, honestly if your truck is that bad, get rid of it and go get yourself a 'Yota...

Old 10-26-2011, 03:29 PM
nkyhemi
Rookie

My 07 has 90k on it and I replaced the driver side tie-rod.$30. I tow my 30 ft camper w/it about a dozen times a year. And its been great! lots a comps on it because its a little deferent. Black-n-blue look w/the MT's.

I've had 2 jeeps(78cj and a 94 Wrangler) 86 full size Bronco and a 00 silverado. By FAR the my 07 has given me the least amount of problems. Only bad thing is the trans. gearing set up for towing that sucks....

Old 10-26-2011, 04:24 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nkyhemi
My 07 has 90k on it and I replaced the driver side tie-rod.$30. I tow my 30 ft camper w/it about a dozen times a year. And its been great! lots a comps on it because its a little deferent. Black-n-blue look w/the MT's.

I've had 2 jeeps(78cj and a 94 Wrangler) 86 full size Bronco and a 00 silverado. By FAR the my 07 has given me the least amount of problems. Only bad thing is the trans. gearing set up for towing that sucks....

I agree with you there, ALL 1/2 ton trucks have become soccer mom cars with beds. Ditching a SFA for IFS, gearing them down as far as 3.21:1, transmissions with more speeds set closer together and two overdrive gears. Now with the 4th Gens they do coils in the rear!

Any marginal towing you used to could do with a 1/2 ton, you need a 3/4 ton for now...

Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 PM
nkyhemi
Rookie

Agreed. I wish they would put the G56 gearing set up in these trannys.
As for the O.P. I'm withya man, that Bronco I had. Had leaks w/in its leaks. got rid of it w/only 65k miles. Good Luck

Old 12-06-2011, 11:09 PM
redtruck2500
Professional
Talking

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Just get off the forum and quit your bitching.
It really is annoying.
I understand you want your opinion heard, but you keep spewing the same crap over and over.
Just shut up.
If you would look closer , each bitch I had was about a different problem . Read much ?

Last edited by redtruck2500; 12-06-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:15 PM
redtruck2500
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
You don't think owners of other brands of vehicle upgrade known weaker components before they have a chance to fail? That's a little naive IMO.

I don't need to defend anything to you, honestly if your truck is that bad, get rid of it and go get yourself a 'Yota...
I didn't buy my truck to hang stupid Advanced Auto Parts crap all over it , it is a work truck and it has failed . I post these things so people know if they want a truck for work , try something else . If they need a truck to drive back and forth to wine tasting parties , GO DODGE .

Quick Reply: First and Last Dodge truck