3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Need help with Air Dam

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Enthwar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Air Dam

I have the sport bumper (painted solid plastic, no chrome). I have been looking EVERYwhere for the air damn for this thing. Dodge and LMC only sell the whole bumper, not the air dam. You can only buy the air dam separately if you have the chrome bumper.

After months of searching and sort of giving up, I had an idea... what about the Daytona lip? That surely must be sold separately. The top part of the sport bumper I have is exactly like that of a Daytona. I called my local dealership but he was having a hard time finding the part. If I get him the last 9 of a Daytona VIN he could narrow it down for me.

So I am coming to you pros for any help or suggestions. I have seen a White RAM around town sporting a black lip that looks like the Daytona one so I am pretty sure it will work. Just need to find it, local junkyards are useless. Anyone have a 2003-2005 Daytona?

Old 07-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Cannibal_D

I have a 2004 ram laramie which has the sport bumper, but the air dam is built in not separate like the chrome on.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Cannibal_D

I forgot to say that when I bought my ram last year that I didnt notice the air dam was missing!, the previous owner cut the damn thing off! so maybe thats what happened to u? let me know.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Enthwar

Yeah I bought it and I didn't know as much as I do now and didn't notice till a couple months after. I asked him if there was any chance he still had it but he said that it got taken off when the truck was painted by whomever and never put back on.

I swear it has to be two pieces... I believe the holes for mounting are on the back side of the bumper, rather than the bottom like the chrome. I actually found the lip for the chrome one and bought it from a guy without realizing it was a completely different mounting system. I found a daytona lip on eBay and it looks like it will mount like I described, but the guy lives in PA and wants local pickup only. Maybe if I offer him an extra 50 bucks he would ship it.

I am desperate. I just found an SRT10 hood locally last night and I don't think it would look right on my truck without an air dam.