3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

4.56s and truetrac installed LOVE IT

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:50 PM
luckydt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 4.56s and truetrac installed LOVE IT

I picked the truck up after work and only have put about 10 miles on it so i took it easy. I was however able to tell a huge difference in how much it was grunting to get up to speed. I can't wait to break these things in fully and be able to test out the truetrac. I can't believe i have been able to wait this long with the 35's and not pull the trigger on this sooner. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:16 AM
pitbull24
Veteran

Yeah, gears make a huge difference. I knew you couldn't spend 3g's on the wife's truck w/out throwin' a little at the Ram. Atta boy!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:49 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've gotta say, out of all the mods I've done to date, my favorite is still the 4.56s gears...

Old 07-30-2011, 12:46 PM
luckydt
Veteran

Originally Posted by pitbull24
Yeah, gears make a huge difference. I knew you couldn't spend 3g's on the wife's truck w/out throwin' a little at the Ram. Atta boy!
Ha ya i dropped a good chunk of change on my hot rod back home (66' Fairlane prostreet) boss 9 heads. Then i hooked her truck up to make her happy and of course you have to throw a bone to the truck since i plan on keeping it for a very long time and towing the hot rod with it.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:49 PM
luckydt
Veteran
Default gears

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I've gotta say, out of all the mods I've done to date, my favorite is still the 4.56s gears...
Hammer,
I have to agree it made a night and day differance on how the truck acts mid throttle and i'm getting close to being able to really jump on it at a dead stop to see the change there. This was worth every penny.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Mistwalker
Amateur

Man this is one thing my truck needs badly. I could punch the previous owner that lifted truck and put big tires on and kept the 3.55 gears and open diff. I just dread trying to get into front axle and do that. Might break down and pay someone to do front.

Last time I towed car to track poor thing was hating life. Did ok but man it had to work for it.

Quick Reply: 4.56s and truetrac installed LOVE IT