3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2004 Dodge RAM HEMI Exhaust Setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 10:45 PM
NwDiver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Old Man with a hemi;3145173]It reads like this fella has headers into a y pipe out of the y pipe into one cat with two holes after the cat for o2 sensors. If that's the case. I see why his truck is running bad. Doesn't even mention an upstream o2 sensor, which doesn't really matter cause all of this is so wrong to start with. Looking at his join date, tells me he should have joined earlier and done some research[/QUOTE

That's exactly how it was... I didn't do my research and jumped the gun. I've got the manifolds and original cats back on with a flow master 44 and tailpipe. Not the sound I'm after but everything is working properly again so I'm happy i guess. Not sure what I will do with the headers now though..

Old 03-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=NwDiver;3145806]
Originally Posted by Old Man with a hemi
It reads like this fella has headers into a y pipe out of the y pipe into one cat with two holes after the cat for o2 sensors. If that's the case. I see why his truck is running bad. Doesn't even mention an upstream o2 sensor, which doesn't really matter cause all of this is so wrong to start with. Looking at his join date, tells me he should have joined earlier and done some research[/QUOTE

That's exactly how it was... I didn't do my research and jumped the gun. I've got the manifolds and original cats back on with a flow master 44 and tailpipe. Not the sound I'm after but everything is working properly again so I'm happy i guess. Not sure what I will do with the headers now though..

I'm glad you got it figured out. E bay the headers or use them again with the proper setup. Many have LT headers on here and can tell you how they did it. There is a thread how to use long tubes with the factory cats if you will search it you will find it. Good luck buddy

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge RAM HEMI Exhaust Setup