3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2004 Dodge RAM HEMI Exhaust Setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 03:56 PM
XtremeOracing
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge RAM HEMI Exhaust Setup

I am going to be replacing my exhaust and want some opinions on my setup. I still have not bought anything so i am open to suggestions!

I want to start with a set of Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, 3" Custom Y-Pipe with a Dynomax Race Bullet Muffler after the Y and a 5" Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip which will exit behind the rear passenger tire.

Has anybody here done a similar setup? What can i expect in terms of Exhaust Drone and what impact should i expect on my MPG. I currently get 14 with an even mix of city/hwy driving.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:43 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Im running Pacesetter LTs, no cats, X pipe, dual DMH cutouts, dual Magnaflow 4" round by 14" long mufflers and dual 4x24" tips straight back.

IDK if this helps or not.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 PM
XtremeOracing
Amateur

Any interior exhaust drone on the highway?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Im running Pacesetter LTs, no cats, X pipe, dual DMH cutouts, dual Magnaflow 4" round by 14" long mufflers and dual 4x24" tips straight back.

Man Weed; your truck has to sound mean

Old 03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
NwDiver

How did you do your 02 sensors? I just installed pacesetter LT's with 3" y pipe to a flow master cat with 2 bungs welded behind the cat to accommodate the o2 sensors going to flow master 44 series 3" tailpipe my truck is pulling lean, rich, and high voltage codes and runs like crap. I'm pretty frustrated at this point

Old 03-11-2014, 10:25 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by NwDiver
How did you do your 02 sensors? I just installed pacesetter LT's with 3" y pipe to a flow master cat with 2 bungs welded behind the cat to accommodate the o2 sensors going to flow master 44 series 3" tailpipe my truck is pulling lean, rich, and high voltage codes and runs like crap. I'm pretty frustrated at this point
Look in our faq section as there is a thread in there on how to trick them. Along with that I stuffed them with 0000 steel wool

Old 03-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by XtremeOracing
I am going to be replacing my exhaust and want some opinions on my setup. I still have not bought anything so i am open to suggestions!

I want to start with a set of Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, 3" Custom Y-Pipe with a Dynomax Race Bullet Muffler after the Y and a 5" Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip which will exit behind the rear passenger tire.

Has anybody here done a similar setup? What can i expect in terms of Exhaust Drone and what impact should i expect on my MPG. I currently get 14 with an even mix of city/hwy driving.

Yes, you're going to get drone with that setup, and also most other setups. Exchange that race bullet for a long dynomax super turbo and most drone will be gone. I have run that setup. Get the longest super turbo muffler you can buy or make fit

Old 03-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by NwDiver

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you only talk about one cat. What happened to the other cat. and also why two bungs behind the cat. If your answer is to use the two downstream o2 sensors, you have done something completely wrong. These trucks are made to run 2 cats and 4 sensors, and if you are trying to run one cat....I can see where you're having problems. Correct me if I've assumed wrong from your post

Old 03-12-2014, 11:44 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

^^^ good point. I didn't even read it honestly.

Most people will have two bungs before the cat. One for the OEM O2 and the other for an aftermarket wideband O2

Old 03-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

^^^ good point. I didn't even read it honestly.

Most people will have two bungs before the cat. One for the OEM O2 and the other for an aftermarket wideband O2

It reads like this fella has headers into a y pipe out of the y pipe into one cat with two holes after the cat for o2 sensors. If that's the case. I see why his truck is running bad. Doesn't even mention an upstream o2 sensor, which doesn't really matter cause all of this is so wrong to start with. Looking at his join date, tells me he should have joined earlier and done some research

Last edited by Old Man with a hemi; 03-13-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge RAM HEMI Exhaust Setup