3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 06:36 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-19-2011, 07:52 PM
bandroidx
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive seen this before, but i thought it was fake? why would driver 1 jump out of the truck? or is he next to it as the first truck starts rolling?

EDIT: nevermind just rewatched, i see now he is out and too fat to jump in fast. poor bastard starts rollign around in misery to get run over by truck #2.

when i was a kid we had water delivered to fill the new inground pool. it was like a giant gas tanker truck (the full size ones) filled with spring water. they parked it in the driveway next to our house (more like a long road on a massive incline) it was parked for a while on the hill with no one in it and then it just went, eventually flipped many times and rolled down the rest of the driveway as thousands of gallons dumped all over. i have to look for pictures. I think they said the air break gave away and they didnt set the 2nd parking break or something (semi drivers will probably know what happened better than me) too bad it wasnt the age of youtube and video cameras everywhere lol

Last edited by bandroidx; 08-19-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

Dang that's crazy! That must have been one heck of a hill they were parked on for that first truck to take off like that. But I also wonder how legit this is, I just rewatched it about 5 times, it looks like the second truck runs over the guy but the truck never bounces around like the tires went over him, just the door swings around from it. Maybe the guy moved enough and just got whacked with the door. IDK. And that green truck went alllllllll the way down that hill

Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

Originally Posted by bandroidx

when i was a kid we had water delivered to fill the new inground pool. it was like a giant gas tanker truck (the full size ones) filled with spring water. they parked it in the driveway next to our house (more like a long road on a massive incline) it was parked for a while on the hill with no one in it and then it just went, eventually flipped many times and rolled down the rest of the driveway as thousands of gallons dumped all over. i have to look for pictures. I think they said the air break gave away and they didnt set the 2nd parking break or something (semi drivers will probably know what happened better than me) too bad it wasnt the age of youtube and video cameras everywhere lol
I always thought that the air brake systems needed air pressure to release the brakes, and that when air pressure was lost the brakes would automatically engage. At least I'm pretty sure that's how the bigger trucks I occasionally drove in the Army were, we'd have to wait until the compressor built up to at least 60 psi before the trucks could be moved.
Oops, this seems like a thread hi-jack. My bad.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:10 PM
xjfever
Professional

You are correct casey. I drive a tractor trailer and that is the way the brakes work. I think what bandroidx meant was the driver only pulled the tractor brakes and left air applied to the trailer brakes, with the weight of the water the tractor brakes couldn't hold the weight and eventually the rig began to move and once it picked up some momentum on the incline it was all over with.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:23 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh my Lord Mike....that's gotta hurt both his Pride and him!!

Old 08-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

Thanks for confirming that xjfever. I always had to laugh in all the movies that come out and they show the air supplies being damaged or disconnected on big rigs and they wouldn't have any brakes at all. I'm like, no, that only works on small trucks and cars when the brake lines are cut and there's no fluid to activate the brakes.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

Wtf!!!