3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

06 Dodge 2500 G56 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:10 PM
doyle0608
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Dodge 2500 G56 Questions

Recently bought a 06 2500 5.7 G56 6 spd 4*4 with 57,000 on it. Decided to do the 60000 mile service. Trans was making noise so looked in the manual to see service interval and said 60000 so figured fluid change would quiet things down? Wrong made it louder WTF? ATF+4 WTF? Figured gear oil in the trans and transfer case not atf+4. Wasnt sure who did what on it before me so wanted to do every thing for peace of mind. Man 16 spark plugs(champion cc), all the fluids front and rear diff, transfer case, manual trans . Then water pump started leaking. Some one replaced it before me and didnt torq it proper and was leaking where it mates to the engine. So got a new water pump and t stat flushed and put new coolant. Love this truck but the trans is pissin me off. Making noise when its cold. Push in clutch quiets down let out clutch sounds like some bearing whinig. Take off in 2nd and hear a slight clankin and then once it warms up the clankin goes away and when in neutral hear **** whinnig. No problems shifting shifts smooth just whinning and noisey. Checked drive shaft front and rear u joints look fine. Any body hear of this. Took it to a garage and tech said maybe throw out bearing or input shaft bearing. Dont understand? Wasnt this loud before i changed the fluid. It was loud but dam. Thought didnt have proper amount of fluid but double checked right fluid ATF+4 and the correct amount. Was thinking of draining all the ATF and running straight lucas or runin 25 to 50% lucas any body come across this? HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPP?

Old 03-16-2013, 12:59 PM
doyle0608
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update its the imput shaft bearing. No longer running atf+4 running mobil delvac 50w. Seems better but the damage is done.

Quick Reply: 06 Dodge 2500 G56 Questions