3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Rusted doors again

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:43 PM
stenerson
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see a lot of salt. My truck is pretty clean except for bubbles over the wheel wells. Frame is very clean. I spray with fluid film underneath and am a slacker when it comes to washing waxing. Doors are fine though.

Last edited by stenerson; 09-12-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

Only rust issue I have is the bottom of my tailgate....couple little bubbles sure turns into a nightmare pretty quick!

Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 PM
nickbalsley04

The Dealers in san diego are a joke. no matter what if ur under warranty the just tell u theres nothing wrong with it or we notified dodge HQ of the problem and they'll be in contact when they figure out how to fix it. one of the major problems was and still is the transmission. I bought the truck brand new and took it back to the dealer about two months later because i was getting a grinding noise every time i put my truck into reverse. i took it to the dealer and they said its a normal dodge noise. I laughed at em. I than called corporate and the told me to go to a diferent dealer. I took it to 5 other dealers in SD and they all either said it was normal noise or corporate is aware of the problem and trying to find a fix for it. I called corporate again and they told me they will notify me after they figure it out. 6 months passed and the tranny began slipping and wineing on the freeway. I took it back to the dealer again and they told me everything was fine on the truck. so yeah thats one of my issues. I could go on but its honestly making me sick to my stomach thinking about it. never again will i buy Dodge.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:27 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nickbalsley04
The Dealers in san diego are a joke. no matter what if ur under warranty the just tell u theres nothing wrong with it or we notified dodge HQ of the problem and they'll be in contact when they figure out how to fix it. one of the major problems was and still is the transmission. I bought the truck brand new and took it back to the dealer about two months later because i was getting a grinding noise every time i put my truck into reverse. i took it to the dealer and they said its a normal dodge noise. I laughed at em. I than called corporate and the told me to go to a diferent dealer. I took it to 5 other dealers in SD and they all either said it was normal noise or corporate is aware of the problem and trying to find a fix for it. I called corporate again and they told me they will notify me after they figure it out. 6 months passed and the tranny began slipping and wineing on the freeway. I took it back to the dealer again and they told me everything was fine on the truck. so yeah thats one of my issues. I could go on but its honestly making me sick to my stomach thinking about it. never again will i buy Dodge.
I'm noticing a LOT of dealers (and not just Dodge) where if there is no code, there is no problem! For the most part, there is no such thing as a good, true mechanic anymore. Seen a lot of guys go into the dealership for a problem and get told "bring it back when you have a CEL on"...

Old 09-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Xler8er
Rookie

Up here in Detroit.We see a LOT I mean a LOT of salt..You have a Dodge, Ford ,or Chevy. They all Rust. In 10 years plan on restoring your truck. 15 years the body's fall off.Ya its a Bitch when you spot rust but what can you do..I do painting on the side and I see it all the time.
Good luck.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

Wow, the dealerships sure are getting lazy.......

Last edited by Marklorenzo; 09-15-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: .
Old 09-15-2011, 09:32 AM
nateroach
Veteran

Originally Posted by Marklorenzo
Wow, the dealerships sure are getting lazy.......
Getting?
I had a POS pontiac grand prix that would constantly run rich one minute lean the next due to a bad coolant temp sensor. After replacing the sensor for the 3rd time it was still giving me trouble and the local shops were a joke and wouldn't even drive the car to diagnose.

so I take it to the dealer, they scan it, and say here is your problem. I tell them I have all ready replaced those parts (thermostat and temp sensor) and that it was still an issue. they look at me with a blank stare and said "you did work on your own vehicle?" I responded yes and they literally told me that since I didn't have the dealership do the work and clearing the stored codes they "don't even know where to start looking"

i am sure it varies from dealership to dealership, but half those people or better don't deserve the title of mechanic, they should be called the "computer support hotline tech", because they are about as useful as the Indian you call for computer support.

nateroach

Old 09-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

Always done my own work, and have never bought a brand new car under warranty so I have never really had to deal with "mechanics" at other shops. I work out of a small shop. Just myself and another. I try to do good by people without messing them over. Not all mechanics are bean bags. My father goes to the local dealership for his oil changes and never has a problem. Bring your own oil and filter in, only costs 5$ to change. Benefit of that is paperwork to back up the warranty.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:51 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nickbalsley04

Nick,

PM me your VIN if you want me to take a look at your case for you.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:07 PM
nickbalsley04

Chris thanks for wanting to help but im out of warranty now and i don't think it will do any good now. but I can guarantee you that if i took my truck into the dealership now since i dont have a waranty anymore they would tell me i need a new transmission

Quick Reply: Rusted doors again