3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

mod ideas for 4.7L flex fuel engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:21 PM
tvilla5418
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question mod ideas for 4.7L flex fuel engine

How is it going guys I've had my 07 dodge ram for few years already. Thinking is about time to bolt on some mods but thing is its the 4.7 magnum flex fuel don't want to be slaping on mods without knowing anything about the engine first. So if yall would kindly help me out with any ideas and where to get them from i would really appreciate it.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:04 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
I would start with a programmer from someone like Diablosport or Superchips. I use the Diablosport Predator on my 08 Hemi and it makes a noticeable difference in power and transmission shifting.
A K&N drop-in replacement air filter will help it breath a little better as would a cat-back exhaust from someone like Magnaflow. (if they make one for the 4.7L trucks, I never checked). A full Cold air intake will not really make any noticeable gains other than looks and intake noise on a fairly stock engine.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Tvilla, I run a Superchips. At the time it was the ONLY tuner for 07 4.7Ls. I do know of one or two guys that run a Diablo. Check out AIRRAM dot com. Nick's got one of the fastest 4.7Ls around. HO cams are a good mod; I just installed a set. I've also heard the 206 cams will work, even in the 07s. To get the absolute best from them, a custom tune is required... Get a Flowmaster or Magnaflow Ypipe, and ditch the factory muffler. A Magnaflow, AeroTurbine, or Flowmaster Race (ie 430509--not the regular Flowmaster--must be the race version) muffler will help. Replacing the clutch fan with an Efan will help (I like the noise reduction).
Welcome to DF. Hide your wallet!!

Quick Reply: mod ideas for 4.7L flex fuel engine