3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Superchip Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 02:22 AM
Manvin
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchip Tuner

Hey guys, I've been reading up on chips for my 07 QC 1500 5.7L and from what I've heard, The Superchip is the best one for the HEMI. I am just wondering, is it worth it to get when i dont have a CAI yet? I'm waiting for Christmas to get the intake so I dont have to buy it. But I really want more power out of my truck. I have nothing done to the engine yet.

What do you guys think?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the bully dog gt and i couldnt be happier. no cai yet for me either. i was really impressed with the unit and the performance tune really increased my throttle response. and it monitors almost every engine parameter

Old 10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
aeroocoupe

I have a 08 hemi sport with a cap on it. Also have the bully dog, and CAI from k&n .With 89oct on the economy tune I get 13mpg city and 18-20 hwy mix driven 15mpg but i live on Long Island NY. there is a light and a stop sign every 20ft lol. I can bake the tires from a standing start. I tow a 20ft enclosed car. I liked the bully dog because It monitors the engine and trans. It also let u change the radio timer, seat belt, day time lights and lot more things.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

with towing alot its nice on the bully dog you can set an alarm if your trans temp gets too high as well. its well worth the money

Old 10-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Manvin
Amateur

is this one the plugs into your OBD or does it stay hooked up somewhere else? to be honest i didnt even look at the bully dog.. thanks for the idea..

Old 10-04-2011, 04:24 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

For 2004+ Ram Hemi's the Superchips tuner dominates the competition IF you purchase the optional transmission tuning bundle. I will NEVER go back to a stock shifting Ram again. It's a complete slushbox and you don't realize it much until you start playing with the transmission tuning from Superchips.
Superchips does everything performancewise the Bullydog does and more. Superchips has dynoed many, many Hemi's to provide the best tuning and has done extensive research regarding the trans tuning.
You control by the gas pedal when your truck shifts into the next gear. You control when your truck downshifts as well.No more 3/4throttle to downshift. You can set it up so that the slightest touch at cruising speeds instantly downshifts your truck.
I've not only increased gas mileage while towing, the truck tows much easier and uphills sooo much better.
I did a compiliation thread in the Faq section about all the different parts of Superchips.

I had a Diablo and sold it for the Superchips. My friend had a Bullydog and sold it for a Superchip. He was very happy with the Bullydog and even happier with the Superchips tuner w/the advanced trans package.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Manvin
Amateur

Wow that is awesome to hear. I think you have fully convinced me! Whats the best place to get all that? i looked on the site and i didnt see anything about the option trans tuner.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Manvin
Amateur

ok, so i went onto the superchips website and found the Superchips cortex for my truck. it says it had the automatic transmission optimization with it. but i want to make sure i get the transmission package. I am so stoked for this, but i dont want to buy it and have the stock tranny shifting. any ideas where to get it with the transmission tuner also?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:04 PM
kamicrazy99
Amateur

The transmission tuning is a feature you buy online after buying the chip.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Manvin
Amateur

Awesome, thanks!

Quick Reply: Superchip Tuner