3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Sub box - Fox or MTX

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Dryphter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub box - Fox or MTX

Hi all,

After running 12" subs in my Avenger for years, I really miss the sound quality when driving the Ram. I don't want 'boomy' bass for (c)rap music, but clean sound for lows and mids for rock music.

Looking at two options:
Fox
MTX

I have an MTX amp and 12" MTX subs in my old Avenger now, but believe 10's would give good results. I am guessing I would need new subs as I am pretty sure what I have are not shallow mount and need more airspace than what is available under the seat.

Any experience on either of the boxes above? Fox has an option for a single 12 which would let me keep some of the under seat storage.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 AM
popdog
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am extremely impressed with the 10" kicker CVT shallow mount - just amp it well and the thing KICKS. It is not at all boomy just kicks you in the ***!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Dryphter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey popdog - what box do you have the kicker 10" mounted in?

Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM
popdog
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a box I got off ebay that's molded to fit one of the under-seat storage areas. It was pretty inexpensive yet very good build quality. In my opinion I wouldn't go for more than one sub if you don't have an insanely loud set of components in all the doors to balance things out. Definitely use a shallow mount sub though to make up for the lack of air space.