3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Need help.....Good Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
BrandonH13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help.....Good Deal?

So me and the wife are in the market for either a Ram or a Durango.
I found a durango she likes...but I just stumbled across a Ram we both really like.

Its a 2005 SLT, Standard options....power locks, windows, power drivers seat, cloth, tow, hemi, bed liner. No rear slider or sunroof or anything.
It has about 100K miles on it, a K&N cold air intake, performance chip and banks dual exhaust. It has also been lifted 6 inchs, but the owner said he bought it like that and doesn't know what brand or anything.
The owner wants to get 11300 for it and the bank will loan around 15K.

My question is, is it worth the 11300? We are going to look at it tomorrow. He said nothing is wrong with it, but I want to know if there is any issue or problems the 3rd gens have? I know of the rust around the rear wheel wells is a issue. I also know if 5w-20 oil wasn't used, then it could drop valves...so will be looking for a loss of power for sure. We test drove another 05 and it was ran into the ground....my 4 cyclinder accord had more get up then it did it seemed like.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:23 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most everyone runs 5w-30 oil nowadays, so I wouldn't worry about that.
Since it has a tuner on it, it prolly has been tuned up, IE spark plugs, wires, throttle body cleaning. If that is the case, it should run fine.
I would say take a drive and see what it's like.

Welcome to DF!

Old 10-19-2011, 07:51 AM
pitbull24
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a decent deal, but you didn't mention aftermarket wheels and tires? With a lift you need to check all your susp and steering components. Big wheels and big lift can put stress on parts.

Quick Reply: Need help.....Good Deal?