3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Need to tone down exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Need to tone down exhaust

I know there are a million exhaust threads (and even a whole archived forum of them), but pretty much all of them are about switching from a stock exhaust to something obnoxious... which I already did six years ago. Now, unfortunately, I need to neuter the truck and go the other way.

I currently have a Flowmaster 50 series on it. Love the sound, though it *is* downright obnoxious. I'm not too terribly upset that, thanks to more stringent European noise laws, I am being forced to tone it down a bit. So, I don't want to go back to a stock exhaust, but I do want something a bit throaty and low that won't upset the local constabulary too terribly bad, nor make my neighbors call my landlord to have me evicted.

This is a pretty broad question with a pretty broad range of answers, I'm aware. Any suggestions, though? Anyone gone "backwards" with their exhaust, before?

Old 10-22-2011, 07:39 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a single in dual out or single in and out

Old 10-22-2011, 04:22 PM
adventurer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can replace the muffler with magnaflow 24 inch muffler it will give you nice deep throaty low sound

Old 10-23-2011, 02:42 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, single in / dual out. I'll do some research on the Magnaflow. I want the exhaust note, just not the volume anymore, especially at WOT. I don't have a bottomless wallet, but I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest solution, either (not saying the Magnaflow is, per se).

****'s so ambiguous here, can't tell what should be posted where, anymore. With only three areas, it's pretty broad what constitutes inclusion. Look around the entire board and there's more "moved" than actual active topics. Wonder if that has anything to do with the slowdown in traffic here? I miss the old DF forums.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:01 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you had a single in and out I'd say try a resonator or aero turbine has one built in

Quick Reply: Need to tone down exhaust