3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New treads on their way

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 10:36 AM
nateroach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New treads on their way

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered my new tires yesterday. I figured that it would be a good time since the stock POS HP's have 53k on them, winter is coming, and the 2 of them have the belts separating.

After reading numerous posts and reviews I decided on the new Cooper AT3's. Initially I had wanted to go with the Zeon's, but after looking into the AT3's they became more appealing, especially the 55K mile warranty. By a stroke of fate the local warehouse had a set in stock and the local shop will have them for me today. these tires seem to be difficult to come by in my parts. I have called 8-10 shops throughout the area only to have them all tell me they are special order and hose me on the price.

Long story short, I decided to go ahead and get them while the $75 rebate is still good (through Nov 7th), but may wait a couple weeks to get them mounted.

I will update with pics and initial impressions when I get them.

nateroach

Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
ricer
Veteran

I hope you like them because I love mine so far. I have had alot of opportunity to drive them in the rain and they handle very well. They ride so much better than the HP's and I like the tread pattern. Won't be long and I will be able to see how well they handle the snow.
Name:  tirePicture005.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  17.2 KB
Name:  tirePicture001.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  17.4 KB

Old 11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Ben D.
Champion

you will love them. I got a set back in august.. and we just got snow in PA on friday/saturday. they handle fantastic in the snow. Didn't even use 4wd once. They aren't the cheapest tires out there.. but they are well worth the cost.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 AM
nateroach
Veteran

Well I picked up the tires last week and got them home. Still don't have them mounted yet though. I probably won't mount them for a couple weeks, but I wanted to get them while the $75 rebate was still going.

Here is a couple quick pics. Sorry for the crappy res, they are cell phone pics

Name:  IMAG0105.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  71.0 KB

Name:  IMAG0103.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  66.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0104.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  100.5 KB

nateroach

Old 11-08-2011, 11:39 PM