3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

need hammer help

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 12:47 AM
ministock6
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need hammer help

I was on another area of topics and seen the jeep post. Someone said to come over here and you might be able to give me some ideas, I have a 99 grand cherokee laredo and for some reason it has been getting a lot of condensation on the inside of the windshield now. My wife said it was bad enough the other day she had to scrape inside to get the frost off. Its never did this before that i can remeber or know of, I have not had anything done to it by anybody or anything changed on it. Any ideas, Thanks in advance ,, some one

Old 12-03-2011, 11:26 AM
robinsonfam1
Rookie

thats a new one to me. but im a ZJ guy too tho.

Try: jeepforum.com

go to WJ (99 is a WJ) section. more jeep info there than you can imagine. check through FAQ sticky at top too.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:40 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

First thing I would check is for a heater core leak, and yes WJs (as well as ZJs) are known for it. Most people know when they get coolant on the floor up front that it is a heater core leak, BUT often condensation will collect at the top of the heater core and cause excessive corrosion there.
The gases will condense, escape through the rust holes in the top and rise up through the dash and the vapor will collect on the cooler glass surface.

Other thing it could be is a clogged sunroof drain (if equipped) which will collect and run downhill (and a GC has a heck of a rake towards the front) and settle on the inside of the windshield.

The first is more likely (and more of a b*tch to repair). The second just takes a couple of minutes with a garden hose and a straightened wire to fix...

Old 12-03-2011, 04:04 PM
ministock6
Rookie

thanks, I have changed several heater cores and it ain't bad just takes time, I dont think this one is leaking cause I don't smell anything or fell anything and the coolant level is exactly where is was when I got done with flushing the system early this summer, the sunroof might be, didnt know it had a drain. I can look on all data and see where it goes, hope it shows that. I will let you guys know when I find out something, Also, jsut got done driving it for 3 days straight and I haven't had it do this, my wife is the one who says it's doing it, and everyone knows I ain't about to tell a woman that she is nuts. Thanks

Old 12-03-2011, 04:56 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

It's possible the only problem is she's blowing cold A/C air with the defroster and it's condensing when it hits the glass.

Quick Reply: need hammer help