3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Firestone Destination A/T

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 11:02 AM
SLT07ThunderRoad
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestone Destination A/T

Anyone out there running Firestone Destination A/T tires? My truck has the 20's, and this tire in white letters looks real good in my opinion. These tires also have a 50K tread warranty. A local chain shop, here in the Rochester NY area, gave me a written quote for $870 installed, everything included. Any thoughts?

Old 12-03-2011, 11:27 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My cousin lives in the upper Hudson Valley and has Destination A/Ts on his '08 1500 4x4. Avid outdoorsman and a mechanic by trade. He says they are the single best, all-around use tires he's ever owned...

Old 12-03-2011, 03:01 PM
SLT07ThunderRoad
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hammer- Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I placed an order for them, and they should be in by end of December. It seems like a real good tire for an excellent price.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:53 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If you read most of the reviews, it's hard to find a bad one. Not aggressive enough for my uses, but if my truck was a daily driver I'd be between those, the Terra Grapps and Mickey ATZs. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them, although for a northern climate, the Firestones have the "mountain/snowflake" snow and ice rating.

I think you'll be very pleased with them...

Old 12-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I didn't realize this until I looked for reviews of this tire (pretty much because I never paid too much attention to her car), but my wife used to have these on her old '03 X-Terra. I never actually drove it with those tires on it, but she said she noticed a big difference between the stock Goodyear's (of some sort) that came on it, and the Destinations when she got them put on. I coaxed her toward A/T tires, though she really never went on anything rougher than a gravel road, but she was very happy with them in the wet and minimal snow we got in Arkansas. They looked pretty good, too!

Like you, I like the OWL sidewalls.

Quick Reply: Firestone Destination A/T