3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New tires and level... (Pic Heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 PM
FirstDodge05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tires and level... (Pic Heavy)

Hey guys just wanted to create a quick thread to show off some pics of what I've been up to. Got some new rubbers installed last week just in time for the winter season, leveled the truck about a month ago, purchased a tonneau cover and had my cherry bomb extreme muffler installed. Just figured I show everyone in case anybody cared.

First up the new meats. Did a lot of research on tires, I knew I wanted an A/T tire that was good in snow. I had it narrowed down between the General Grabber AT2, Cooper AT3 and the Hankook Dynapro ATM. I had the Hankook's on my 3rd gen Dak and absolutely loved them. I had them on for about 2 years, not sure on mileage when I traded it in, but I got fantastic treadwear out of them and they were great in every condition I threw at them and hardly ever had to use 4WD in the snow, so I had to go with what I knew. The stock size was 245/70/17 and I bumped these up a little to 245/75/17's. Definitely look a lot better, IMO:

Here's a few pic's of the truck leveled out. I cranked the torsion bars 5 turns each, which gave me roughly 2" of lift:

Name:  Picture026-2.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  128.1 KB
Name:  Picture037.jpg
Size:  133.7 KB

Now a few pics of the tonneau cover. This is the TonnoPro Tri-Fold cover, paid $279 with free shipping, not a bad deal. Beats the hassle of the snap style covers anyday. Best part is the whole thing goes on/off in about 3 minutes.

Name:  Picture030.jpg
Size:  96.0 KB
Name:  Picture039.jpg
Size:  120.4 KB
Name:  Picture041.jpg
Size:  90.6 KB

Shot of the Cherry Bomb Extreme. SI/SO muffler, just hacked out the stock muffler and welded this one in place, nothing fancy, no new tips or anything, but it sure sounds great!

And just a few overall shots:

Name:  Picture027-1.jpg
Size:  146.6 KB

Awesome seat covers:
Name:  Picture038.jpg
Size:  118.3 KB

Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks for looking, appreciate any comments good or bad.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:28 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

looks good man. Nice truck.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

Very nice truck, good and clean. But your seat covers don't match LOL. Those tires look nice and aggressive.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
popdog
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you have a hole in your muffler weld? I dig the stick shift : ]

Old 12-06-2011, 06:35 PM
FirstDodge05
Professional

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Originally Posted by popdog
I think you have a hole in your muffler weld? I dig the stick shift : ]
Good eye, never noticed that. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow in the daylight.
I dig it too, believe me! That alone puts a smile on my face everytime I get in it! You don't see 'em much anymore, so I'm hoping to keep this truck a long time.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so jealous of ya'll 3rd Gen owner's with torsion bars! Seems so much easier to level that way then having to lift or use coil spring spacers!

Good looking truck man.

What kind of cherry bomb is that? Got any video clips? I'm looking at getting a couple Cherries for an upcoming exhaust project.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:35 PM
FirstDodge05
Professional

Thanks Stewie!
The muffler would be the cherry bomb extreme model. I actually don't have any sound clips at the moment, I'll try to do that this week. Not sure how it'll sound on my crappy camera, but I'll give it a shot. I'll update this thread so check back.

Quick Reply: New tires and level... (Pic Heavy)