3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Might be selling my rig..Need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 03:32 AM
MegatronOrDie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might be selling my rig..Need some advice.

Whats up fellas?
Well I hate to say it, but I may be selling my rig. The reason im posting is because I'de like to know how much you guys would ask for it.I dont have any pictures at the moment cause im still working on it, so heres the story. I bought the truck 2 months ago and have put 30 miles on it. Its an 02 1500 4x4 and I got a deal on it, I paid 7k for it with 80k on it and just had the rear wheel well rot on it. The trucks strong as an ox and even the steering rack's good (just needed some new worm gears). Anyway, Ive been bustin my rear makin her look good. I painted the front grille, bumper, rear bumper black. New rancho shocks, tuned it up, tinted it, threw on some towing mirrors for my trailer, smoked cab lights, threw some off road lights behind the grille, put a leveling kit on her, replaced both wheel well panels and painted it. I also bought a set of black 18" rockstar wheels. Its gold and i like the black and gold look and I gotta say, the truck looks sick. SLT package, all power everything and the body's mint. Im only thinking about selling cause I found a local cummins in great shape. What would you ask for it with and without the wheels? Also, the cummins is a 99 long box with 200k on it, looks to be in really nice condition. Should I be worried about the mileage?

Thanks alot fella's and sorry for such a long post. Happy new years!

Old 01-03-2012, 12:26 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With everything you've done to it you might be able to get what you paid for it. It all depends who you sell it to (private or dealer). I would sell it with the wheel since you won't be able to reuse the wheels on the CTD anyway. And yea the CTD has some high miles but there are stories of them last way past 200K so as long as the price is right and there arent any major mechanical issues it should be good

Old 01-03-2012, 01:11 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Dealer retail on it, stock with 80k is about $8000, wholesale is about $5600. Ask retail for it, you might get lucky and you can always come down a little. You should at least be able to get what you paid for it.

As far as the CTD goes, figure engine longevity at about 3x what a gasser is, so in those terms it'd be like buying a gas truck with about 66k miles on it. Not terrible at all...

Old 01-03-2012, 04:04 PM
MegatronOrDie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, just trying to put a good number on it if I do sell. I'll have to get some pics up for you all.

Quick Reply: Might be selling my rig..Need some advice.