3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Star tron additive?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 PM
jms2291
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Star tron additive?

So I was reading through some threads and I saw this product mentioned, and the testimonials sound terrific, however it was also very breif..first I'm curious as to if I have found the right product. I will as a photo later..can't do it from my phone...it's a blue bottle, treats 128 gallons, super concentrated?? second is there anything other than adding it to my fuel that I need to do? An last realistic outcomes and opinions of this product would by nice...hopefully hammer or 08 will chime in on this one specifically...

Old 01-12-2012, 01:15 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...lly-works.html

I dig it.. Hammer commented several times in this thread..

Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes you have the right bottle. And yes all you have to do is add it to the gas tank when you fill up. I believe if I read the little booklet right that you're supposed to add the Star Tron and then the gas so you kinda have to figure out how many gallons you plan on putting in but I'm sure it doesn't matter since its all getting mixed up anyway. But as for my personal opinions about it I think it does work. I'm definitely seeing better city mileage and the truck is running alot smoother. Highway is where I'm skeptical still because I only averaged 15.5 mpg on way back from SoFla to Tampa which is pretty much my all time average so I didn't really see improvement there. But I did make the 270 mi trip on a little less than 3/4 of a tank so that's good enough for me

Old 01-12-2012, 06:09 PM
kenneymc
Veteran

I just picked up a bottle of it too and I am going to try it as well and see if it does anything for me. This bottle reads " enzyme fuel treatment, treats 128 gals of gas ". Also says overdosing is not harmful. Initial dosage 1 oz per 8 gals, then 1 oz per 16 gals after that on refills.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM
03whiteram
Professional

I will definitely have to try this when I go home for R&R.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM
jms2291
Rookie

thanks for he replies guys.
@drew- i hadnt seen the thread you posted...i was looking through so many about gas mileage and different additives...that one seems to be the best from a testimonial standpoint of this product...
@08- thanks for clarifying the product, i just get leary adding anyting to my gas, the bottle i found looked nothing like the one in or the thread ior online...
most of my driving is interstate back and forth to work and school but I'm still only averaging 14.5mpg...and that has beeen a substantial improvement since I got my K&N CAI...Along with the Startron I also just picked up a Suerchips so I am hoping to gain something as far as mileage or atleast help this old rig run a lil smoother...

Old 01-14-2012, 12:59 AM
jms2291
Rookie

also just so we dont waste another thread, I have read that the mileage/economy tune for Superchips is garbage...I filled up with 93oct todaay and set the performance tune...mileage is holding steady and there is somewhat of a difference in power...i plan to test these myself but i would like to hear any "home brewed" remedies for getting the most out of your mods...i paid 3.61 a gallon today, and that will last maybe 4 days....so yea...i could work with anything that is cost efficient...i assume at this point its time to move on to the big boy mods, such as headers, gears, and so n.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:02 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jms2291
also just so we dont waste another thread, I have read that the mileage/economy tune for Superchips is garbage...I filled up with 93oct todaay and set the performance tune...mileage is holding steady and there is somewhat of a difference in power...i plan to test these myself but i would like to hear any "home brewed" remedies for getting the most out of your mods...i paid 3.61 a gallon today, and that will last maybe 4 days....so yea...i could work with anything that is cost efficient...i assume at this point its time to move on to the big boy mods, such as headers, gears, and so n.

It's hard to use my truck when comparing fuel economy. I probably have the heaviest 1500 on the site with my lift, 35" tires, winch and all the heavy a$$ recovery sh*t and tools in my toolbox. The county land-fill scale has me at 7000 lbs. with an empty bed.

A stock non-MDS QC 4X4 Hemi is rated at 14/17 MPG. With headers, SC tuner, ported TB, CAI, E-fan, my own exhaust and a few other mods and running Star Tron additive I'm at about 13/16. I can't really complain...

Old 01-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh Hammer, I beg to differ that one buddy, I think the 1500 Mega's out way you and we're still pushing Hemi's haha. $3.61 a gallon for 93? That's awesome. Here in Cali I'm paying $3.95 a gallon for 91, but my truck definitely runs better on 91 so what's a couple more bucks at the pump.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:57 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctodus
Oh Hammer, I beg to differ that one buddy, I think the 1500 Mega's out way you and we're still pushing Hemi's haha. $3.61 a gallon for 93? That's awesome. Here in Cali I'm paying $3.95 a gallon for 91, but my truck definitely runs better on 91 so what's a couple more bucks at the pump.
I beg to differ with you, the base weight of a stock 3rd Gen MegaCab Hemi 4x4 is roughly 6600 lbs. Although if I took all my crap out of my toolbox and I wasn't sitting in it as I was when I weighed my truck, I'd probably be a little under that, but not much. But yeah, a lift and larger tires on a Mega will outweigh my truck.

And although technically they are called a 1500, I don't consider a 1500 Mega a 1500, not with a SFA axle and the same frame/axle configuration as the 2500s.

Quick Reply: Star tron additive?