3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

"Ride of the Month" contest

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default "Ride of the Month" contest

I'm sorry to see NOBODY from 3rd Gen Ram got put up for it.

Is anybody gonna vote this month?

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/ride-of...r-january.html

I'd like to see this section supported next month...

Old 01-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Honestly, first I have seen of that link in the announcements. It was always just the same stuff up there, I think maybe some people just overlooked it. When do nominations open for next month? I'm throwing an early nomination or SLT8 (the Satin Pumpkin), though Pitbull, PhillyFire (though I don't think he's been active here in a little bit?), and many others rightfully deserve nominations and can hang with any other vehicle on this entire site, IMHO.

I'm probably alone in this, but my personal feeling is that a vehicle doesn't have to be modded to hell and back, as long as it is classy and represented well in a great photo (even though that contradicts all the members' rides I mentioned above!:P ).

Old 01-21-2012, 07:11 AM
otgarzà
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe nominations begin on Feb. 1st as soon as the voting closes for this months rides

Old 01-21-2012, 08:01 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

There has been an Announcement up since Jan 3. Y'all don't pay attention to the site announcements???

Old 01-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Pretty much, yeah. Not exactly the first place I eye up when it's looked the same every time I have logged on since I started coming back here regularly last summer. Not going to lie about it.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:43 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
Pretty much, yeah. Not exactly the first place I eye up when it's looked the same every time I have logged on since I started coming back here regularly last summer. Not going to lie about it.

Don't feel bad Chet. As the oldest tenured Administrator on here, I was asked to put the announcement up but I got busy with non-interweb stuff and forgot. Another Admin finally posted the announcement and I'll bet it was up close to a week before I saw it and remembered I was supposed to do it...

Old 01-22-2012, 01:03 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When did you guys start that up again? Havent seen a ROTM in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time on this forum

Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
pitbull24
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a little chatter about it. Seemed to be different; a whole forum type "Ride OTM" meaning all vehicles eligible - cars, trucks, oldies & new.

I voted, but didn't nominate anyone. I think mixing all types wasn't a great idea, but then again it fizzled when it was class specific. I would have been watching a little closer if it was "3rd Gen" or at least truck specific.

Just my opinion, and yes I'm still here Hammer.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:53 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by truckin151
When did you guys start that up again? Havent seen a ROTM in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time on this forum
Well after ditching it because of all the bickering that it caused, we have been getting a LOT of PMs (or at least I have) about why we didn't have it even though there was a section for it. A lot of Newbies have asked for it who weren't here when all the crap went down before.

A lot of the cry-babies and the ones who caused all the rifts between Ram owners and Dak owners are gone. I've noticed a few of them have found forums that are model specific where they don't need to feel so insecure (and I'm talking both Ram and Dak guys here).

So we figured we'd bring it back and see what happens. We fully acknowledged that after not having an OTM for a couple of years that it would be slow for a while until the word got around that we have brought it back...

Quick Reply: "Ride of the Month" contest