3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Are Cooper Zeon LTZ's worth the extra$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:35 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I know that story, you gotta look close, but I've got "rooster tail" scratches along the sides of my truck all surface and confined to the clear coat. I used to buff 'em out but hell, they just come back again first time I go down a south Ga. dirt road, so the hell with it...

Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
theuscfan04
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, update. I went to get some tires this weekend and instead of the Zeons the guy was trying to sell me some Nitto Crossteks, or Terra Grapplers, because they had them in stock. I liked to Terra's and I think the Crossteks are a pretty new tire so not sure about them, but for some reason my heart is still set on the zeons. So I didnt get any tires mainly in part to the sales guy being a dooche and wasnt giving me the best price I knew he could, so I figured I'd shop around a bit more.

Last edited by theuscfan04; 02-06-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know a lot about the CrossTeks, but all the reviews I'm reading on them are very positive. As for the Terra Grapplers, I have them on my Grand Cherokee and I love 'em. Wanted Mickey ATZs but $127 per tire (Terra Grapps) beat $203 per tire (ATZs) by too much.
They are great for a daily driver with occasional light off-road use. Without a doubt the best wet pavement tire I've ever run. Only real weakness is in deep mud, the Georgia red clay mud cakes them up pretty quick - but then again, they are an AT and not a mud tire.

Zeon, AT3, Nitto Terra Grappler or even the Firestone Destination I hear really good feedback on all four of them and don't think you could go wrong with any of the four...

Quick Reply: Are Cooper Zeon LTZ's worth the extra$$$$