3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Console switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:49 PM
kyleenright
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Console switch?

On my 2006 when I open the second compartement of my center console there is a switch ,what is it for? There is no light that comes on unless the bulb is burnt?

Old 03-09-2012, 04:04 PM
lyndo
Rookie

if its the full floor console that you have, yes there is a light in the second compartment and yours must be burnt out. It is directly under the switch that you see.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:04 PM
kyleenright
Amateur

Originally Posted by lyndo
if its the full floor console that you have, yes there is a light in the second compartment and yours must be burnt out. It is directly under the switch that you see.
Yes it is the full floor console. How do you get at it to change the bulb? Does that switch pop out of the console from the top? I think maybee the bulb is not there, what type of bulb does it take?

Thanks

Old 03-10-2012, 01:29 PM
lyndo
Rookie

Originally Posted by kyleenright
Yes it is the full floor console. How do you get at it to change the bulb? Does that switch pop out of the console from the top? I think maybee the bulb is not there, what type of bulb does it take?

Thanks
not 100% sure if you can get to the bulb without at least some disassembly, i took the switch and whole compartment out to make room for my sub. I know you can drop the black plastic by removing the 6 or 7 screws holding it into the console. This may give you a bit more room to play with. The switch does pop out the top, it just has two (fairly stiff) tabs holding it in. I snapped a few quick pics for you of mine. It looks like the bulb has the numbers t194 j6 on it. The bulb just pulls out the bottom of the switch.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 PM
kyleenright
Amateur

Thanks for the info Lyndo, much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Console switch?