3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Advanced Tranny Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will be able to change wot 1-2 and 2-3 upshift at the rpm you choose out of the box

Old 03-10-2012, 11:40 PM
itshemitime
Amateur

Yeah I just found a very detailed description by sil in the superchip thread. Seems pretty nice but i'll definately have to have someone help me with the custom tune.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:07 AM
ron333
Captain

It's very easy once you get into it. The thread has some very helpful info in it, especially the first page with the link to different year starter schedules. I'm using the '05 starter schedule with a few slight modifications by Scott. He has helped me in the past few days with mine. I'm very happy I decided to go ahead with adjusting the transmission schedules! I was leery at first since it just seemed so complicated, but after reading through 2 different threads about it, I was more than convinced to give it a try. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I DID!!! The guys have even given an Excel file complete with charts to double check any schedule you come up with to ensure none of the shifts conflict with each other. They really have made it very easy to do, and are quick to respond to questions.

Last edited by ron333; 03-11-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ron333
It's very easy once you get into it. The thread has some very helpful info in it, especially the first page with the link to different year starter schedules. I'm using the '05 starter schedule with a few slight modifications by Scott. He has helped me in the past few days with mine. I'm very happy I decided to go ahead with adjusting the transmission schedules! I was leery at first since it just seemed so complicated, but after reading through 2 different threads about it, I was more than convinced to give it a try. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I DID!!! The guys have even given an Excel file complete with charts to double check any schedule you come up with to ensire none of the shifts conflict with each other. They really have made it very easy to do, and are quick to respond to questions.
It's very nice to read this Ron.

Scott is one of the nicest guys out there and was a very important person on the beta team for the advanced trans tuning option. It's posts like yours, Don's and many others that makes folks who worked so hard on this program feel very good. I'm very glad you're enjoying it. It's good stuff and as you already know, it completely transforms how the truck shifts.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by itshemitime
Yeah I just found a very detailed description by sil in the superchip thread. Seems pretty nice but i'll definately have to have someone help me with the custom tune.
The excel sheets that were created are in the same format as the program.They give you a great starting point. You're making changes to MPH values and you just save/exit along the way.

Everyone that's ever set up a custom shift schedule has been floored. It's that good. It will be very much worth the effort to learn it. You can do it!

Some information here: Superchips Transmission Tuning Information

Last edited by SilsHemi; 03-11-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

So just go with a baseline of say "Eric's 2004 shift schedule" off that mcfail site, then fine tune to my likings? And I'm really clueless with the TM. Considering buying the program today for my 3865.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Dead2Fall
So just go with a baseline of say "Eric's 2004 shift schedule" off that mcfail site, then fine tune to my likings? And I'm really clueless with the TM. Considering buying the program today for my 3865.
Correct. If you do buy the program, make sure the truck is locked to the tuner (truck is tuned) when you do the upgrade.

Eric's schedule is a great starting point. Who knows, you may like it as is and make no changes. When you set your MPH values, just set them as close as possible. They may be within a few decimal points. This is fine and this is normal because, Dodge's shift schedule calibrations are slightly different for most trucks.

For TM, these are my 2008 settings:

WOT:

1,2,3 - 8%
2P - Left it at stock
4 - 50% of the stock values.

Same settings for PT.

For 2004 TM is a kitchen sink reduction. What you set for TM will apply across the board.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
ricer
Veteran

As I said before ,if you buy the program you will be completely overwhelmed with what a difference it will make. I just installed mine last night and haven't had the opportunity to do any highway driving yet. But just the little bit I of driving I have done in town is amazing. My truck isn't always shifting into a higher gear and lagging anymore. It holds the gear longer and makes in city driving so much nicer. And the improvement in response is crazy, you barely push the gas pedal and it goes like it should. I had to take my truck out and try it out right after I got the tune installed and I also loved the fact that you aren't having to give the truck half the throttle to downshift. You barely push on the pedal and it downshifts and goes, this was great when trying to change lanes in town and the person beside you thinks it's cool just to ride beside you. Haha, if they are gonna ride beside me and keep me in the lane I am in they better get alot better tranny/throttle response than what I have now! I love it!!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
For 2004 TM is a kitchen sink reduction. What you set for TM will apply across the board.
So what would you suggest I set it at if its across the board?

Old 03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Dead2Fall
So what would you suggest I set it at if its across the board?
Set to 8% is fine. You can fine tune it along the way. We found 8% to work well up to 2008 trucks. 2009+ seemed to like a little lower than that.

Quick Reply: Advanced Tranny Tune