3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Advanced Tranny Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM
ricer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advanced Tranny Tune

I just bought the Advanced Tranny Tune from SC tonight and Silshemi is gonna help me install it tomorrow, CAN'T WAIT!!! Sils is the best and I can't thank him enough. I will let ya'll know how it works out.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

Good deal.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:31 PM
ricer
Veteran

I got my tranny tune installed and there are no words to describe the difference it has made in my trucks tranny shifts. With the changes made in the shift schedule and torque management Silshemi helped me with, the improvement is just unbelievable. I have owned my SC 3865 for about a year now and have always ran the 91 performance tune and loved it but to add the advanced transmission tune with it, the difference is undeniably night and day! This added feature is nothing short of amazing. The downshifts are so much quicker and I love the way it holds the gear just a little longer when upshifting. I wanted to say thanks to Silshemi for all he did for me. He is a great guy an an asset to the forum, thank you so much. The best advice I can give for anyone that may be "on the fence" about getting the SC tranny tune is " Get off the fence, get the option, and see how long it takes to get the smile off your face"!

Old 03-10-2012, 07:39 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Good deal buddy! Enjoy it and it was a real pleasure helping you.

Your truck is really coming along great!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 PM
itshemitime
Amateur

I just ordered a SC 3865 and new CAI this weekend. What is this advanced tranny tune your talking about? Does SC sell individual tunes for your tuner? Do you just download it to your tuner after purchase? Anyway congrats on your purchase. Sounds nice.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

the tuner comes with the ability to change WOT 1-2 and 2-3 shifts to the RPM that you like. The advanced tranny tune is pretty much like an "app" for the tuner that allows you to tune the shifts and such in much more detail.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:37 PM
ricer
Veteran

Yeah, it is an option you can buy from SC. Once you update your tuner it will take you to the online store and give you the option to buy it for $39.95. Once you purchase it, it will download to your tuner and when you hook your tuner to your truck you will have a users option in the advanced tune section that will allow you to adjust your shift schedule, WOT torque management and also a few other things. I couldn't believe the difference it makes, it is the best $40.00 you will spend for your truck

Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Originally Posted by ricer
Yeah, it is an option you can buy from SC. Once you update your tuner it will take you to the online store and give you the option to buy it for $39.95. Once you purchase it, it will download to your tuner and when you hook your tuner to your truck you will have a users option in the advanced tune section that will allow you to adjust your shift schedule, WOT torque management and also a few other things. I couldn't believe the difference it makes, it is the best $40.00 you will spend for your truck
Don't forget you MUST tune the truck once and come back inside and rehook it to the pc before you can purchase the advanced tune program! Has to be VIN locked.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:55 PM
ricer
Veteran

Originally Posted by Dead2Fall
Don't forget you MUST tune the truck once and come back inside and rehook it to the pc before you can purchase the advanced tune program! Has to be VIN locked.
^^^This much is true.^^^

Old 03-10-2012, 10:17 PM
itshemitime
Amateur

Well thats some good information to know considering I was under the impression that the cortex came with the ability to altar shift schedules out of the box...

Quick Reply: Advanced Tranny Tune