3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What happened to all the headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:21 PM
ricer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to all the headlights?

I just got the bad news that these headlights I bought for my '06
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200722369352...84.m1439.l2649
Are on backorder. I guesss the good news is they are refunding my money. So I thought I would get on ebay and find another set but they are completely gone! I mean from every distributor that I had looked at, not just the distributor I bought from. If anyone would happen to find a set please post the link or pm me. Thanks for your time and I hope you have better luck than me if you decide to look.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:16 AM
cjs4444
All Star

You right lol the only normal style all have the amber strip...i did find these projectors but im not sure if you like them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-RAM-06...ht_7440wt_1392

Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Rio94gt
Professional

I was looking for those on eBay as well. Saw them a while back but recently they disappeared. I don't like the amber strip either. Sucks. Hope they get them back in stock because I would like a set.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Here in NY, if you dont have an Amber strip, you'll fail inspection! Not everyone would fail you, but it is req'd.

I smoked my amber lens out on my stock lamp housings. Keeps me legal and looks much better.

I'd pick up a set of OEM healights and send them out for a retro fit for HID's. Unless you can afford to have your truck sit for a week or two while their getting done?
Heck, I have time on the back half of the week nowadays, I could even do a retro. Mine come out great and are One-of-a-kind fully adjustable. 4-way adjustable that NOBODY else has done! Retro's can be expensive though, but are WAAAAY better for light reproduction than a pair of cheap projector lights.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Here in NY, if you dont have an Amber strip, you'll fail inspection! Not everyone would fail you, but it is req'd.

I smoked my amber lens out on my stock lamp housings. Keeps me legal and looks much better.

I'd pick up a set of OEM healights and send them out for a retro fit for HID's. Unless you can afford to have your truck sit for a week or two while their getting done?
Heck, I have time on the back half of the week nowadays, I could even do a retro. Mine come out great and are One-of-a-kind fully adjustable. 4-way adjustable that NOBODY else has done! Retro's can be expensive though, but are WAAAAY better for light reproduction than a pair of cheap projector lights.
If someone were to want the same headlight setup you have as a simple bolt in/plug in package, what would it cost?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM
cjs4444
All Star

Originally Posted by NV290
If someone were to want the same headlight setup you have as a simple bolt in/plug in package, what would it cost?
It may not look like it but DD's headlights are anything but plug and play, they are truely custom...you wont find a darkened amber light, you would have to take apart any light you get and spray the amber part with VHT.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:34 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cjs4444
It may not look like it but DD's headlights are anything but plug and play, they are truely custom...you wont find a darkened amber light, you would have to take apart any light you get and spray the amber part with VHT.
I know he had mentioned there was a good deal of customization. But i was merley talking about strictly a high quality HID retrofit. Not so much worried about the extra details like the blacked out strip and anything else.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 PM
reefguy89
Captain

check out the retro shop on facebook. he can get anything.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 PM
ricer
Veteran

I got an update and they do have a set of lights for me and they are en route as we speak! Delivery date of 3/20. My switchbacks are supposed to be here tomorrow so hopefully next week I can get them all put together. I got my chrome bumpers plastidipped tonight and I must say they turned out sweet. I will post some pics when I get everything done.

Last edited by ricer; 03-17-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: What happened to all the headlights?