3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

LED Tail Lights installed, PICS...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED Tail Lights installed, PICS...

Just threw my new LED Tail Lights on my 06'. So far, i am EXTREMELY impressed.

A quick review:

1. The fit was perfect, they fit as good, if not better then stock. I say better because the stock housings had a fairly good size gap where the housing met the rear quarter panel. These fit a lot closer. But not touching, which is good. They also came with brand new galvanized screws.

2. Brightness, Hands down WAY brighter then stock. The pics below prove that. And no issues with viewing angles either.

3. Installation was simple. Unplug the old ones and plug in the new units. Done. I put in new Silverstar reverse light bulbs too. And they are super bright as well. Another great upgrade.

4. No issues whatsoever with bulb out indicators. Turn signal flash rate is identical to what is was with the stock tail lights. No need for resistors.

I only have one complaint. There are two connectors on the back of the housings that you do not even need to unplug, it's simply how they wired them. But these connectors are not the weather proof versions. So i am going to tape them with good quality electrical tape tommorow so as to avoid any moisture issues down the road.

Pics below are in order as:

1. Stock tail lights.
2. Stock Brake Lights.
3. New LED tail lights.
4. New LED Brake lights.

All pictures were taken from the exact same distance (used a manhole as a distance marker)

Last edited by NV290; 04-14-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

that is a fairly noticeable difference. looks good. i wish they made led lights like that for my truck.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at every solid red LED Tail Light for my truck that was on Ebay. My criteria was as many LED's as possible and i wanted a red lens. Nothing smoke or clear. With a red truck, i think red looks best. If i had black rims, then i would have went with smoke.

I really wanted the Hella CELIS versions because i know the quality of Hella is great. But the versions that fit my truck were never on Ebay and the cheapest place i found them wanted over $250.00 for them. So the brand i decided to go with was Spyder. The net turned up very few complaints about them and even on Amazon the reviews were almost all positive. They use Phillips Lumiled's that are very bright and high quality.

Here is a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140696084039...84.m1439.l2649

I paid $139.95 and the shipping was included. If these never fill with water after a rain storm or a truck washing and the LED's keep working for a few years, ill be very happy.

Last edited by NV290; 03-23-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:58 AM
slakker25rs
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NV

Other than the LED's and the performance of them, I am exceptionally happy with the performance of "your threads". You do a great job of validating your claims. I appreciate the extra steps you take in making it clear for the rest of us, what works and does not.

Either way thank you. Once again, I will check them out. you stay just enough ahead of exactly the things I am researching, to make it constantly worthy of checking what your posts are about. Soon Im just gonna ignore your posts, so I can continue to feel that I initiated my own thoughts.

Rock on.

Last edited by slakker25rs; 03-24-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: LED Tail Lights installed, PICS...