3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Time for dash disassembly.. Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 AM
lyndo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for dash disassembly.. Pics

I ordered an iPod integration kit a couple weeks ago from a member on a jeep forum, chrysler part number # 82209617AD. I received and installed it today. It is nearly perfect, exactly the integration i was looking for. Works flawlessly with the factory head unit and steering wheel controls. I can cycle through playlists from the steering wheel, skip through songs from the wheel, adjust volume and everything that it would normally do. 6 disc changer still works perfectly along with the radio and everything else. With the iPod, the mode that comes up is sat on the head unit, so this must replace the satellite radio mode on the head unit which is no big deal for me as i was not using it.

Only negative I have found is that it is quieter than playing cd's so i have to turn up the volume a bit. Depending on the volume of the song (which i have found varies a lot on my iPhone), what was a 22 volume with cd's is now a 27-30 with my iPhone. The max volume is 36 i think, so its near tapped out some of the time. I have never had it maxed out and wanted it louder though, so it should be fine. Very easy install, simply plug and play, took me a little over an hour because I reassembled the console wrong 3 times lol. Would be very easy to do if your truck doesn't have the console, not that it was all that hard with it but still. I highly recommend picking up one of these kits if you can get your hands on one, but that is the problem.. finding one, I got lucky but I have heard that they are very hard to find since chrysler doesn't make them anymore.

Here are some pics:

put the module under where the head unit goes, seemed to fit perfectly in the spot, dunno if dodge made a spot for it intentionally or if it just worked out that way

Instead of putting my phone in the glove box while it is connected I brought the plugs down to my console so i could still see my phone if I wanted to use my tom tom app or whatever. As you can see the module comes with both the 30 pin iPod plug and a 3.5mm aux in plug (very left corner on my console). The cords are longer than they look in the picture, I just have the extra under the console to keep things neat.

Last edited by lyndo; 04-05-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Time for dash disassembly.. Pics