3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Nice Mega Cab, but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice Mega Cab, but...

You would think with $30k in mods they'd get rid of those ugly *** headlights!

http://utica.craigslist.org/cto/2919111229.html

I know, I know... I still have them. But in my defense, I don't have $30k to throw into my truck.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Nice truck but I do agree I hate them headlights

Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I think his numbers are a little off on prices of the mods. Some too high, some a bit too low. My guess is he bought the truck already built like that. I don't know... that truck does nothing for me. Good luck to him on selling it, though. Someone will enjoy it.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

A grand for a body lift install? Yeah, I'd say he's just guessing on the prices. Those large wheels really ruin it for me. I know 40s are pretty big, but would look better on a 17 or 18 inch wheel, IMO.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

If only the owner of the truck knew it was a main topic in a thread on dodgeforum.com and everyone had something they dislike about it hahaha

Old 04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
A grand for a body lift install? Yeah, I'd say he's just guessing on the prices. Those large wheels really ruin it for me. I know 40s are pretty big, but would look better on a 17 or 18 inch wheel, IMO.
The body lift is what first stood out to me (IIRC, my 3" PA was under $500 out the door installed). I also have AMP power steps, and if I could have bought them new and gotten them installed for only $1,000 (two buddies put them on for me for a case of beer), I'd be a much happier camper today. Well worth it, but he's off on the low end by a few hundred bones. Especially for a Mega, which I believe have another separate step system for the rears, as well.

I don't know much about super outrageous lift kits like that, but the price on the suspension lift seemed a bit high, as well, no?

Either way, whoever buys it will be happy with it until they have to start putting gas in it.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 PM
pitbull24
Veteran

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
The body lift is what first stood out to me (IIRC, my 3" PA was under $500 out the door installed). I also have AMP power steps, and if I could have bought them new and gotten them installed for only $1,000 (two buddies put them on for me for a case of beer), I'd be a much happier camper today. Well worth it, but he's off on the low end by a few hundred bones. Especially for a Mega, which I believe have another separate step system for the rears, as well.

I don't know much about super outrageous lift kits like that, but the price on the suspension lift seemed a bit high, as well, no?

Either way, whoever buys it will be happy with it until they have to start putting gas in it.
yeah, some numbers may be a little off. I thought for sure those were 22" wheels, but $500/ea. seemed high for 20's but they are chrome.

Nothing special need for the amp steps but installed price would be higher.

The Kelderman lifts are top notch, and come with the price to show for it, but not sure on the $15,000.

Someone def put some coin into that truck, and low miles will help. Can't be a lot of big trucks up there in NY so it might go quick.

Quick Reply: Nice Mega Cab, but...