3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What did you do to your 3rd Gen today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 12:36 AM
SnowBeast428
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What did you do to your 3rd Gen today?

So the jeep forum has a post called "What did you do to your XJ today?" where members post their projects of the day, maybe you added a new light bar, maybe you fixed a burst hose, maybe you just finished a sick body mod, Or maybe you simply added some switches or interior parts. I feel like it would be nice for us to have this and I couldn't find one. This isn't for discussion but more to show off and talk about it without being a how to or etc. I'll start us off.

My new knee panel came yesterday in preparation for a new switch panel I wanted to add that looks clean. I screwed it up slightly so it's not totally clean but its way way way better than my previous one. The switch in there currently isn't wired yet I uh, just cant get it out after using it to make sure it fit but its in the correct slot anyways so I'll just wait.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:31 PM
SnowBeast428
Professional

Right one more attempt at making a thread like this before I decide it won't work. I finally put fog lights on my truck today after waiting for everything to come. my connector wouldn't click so i just cut it off and used spade connectors even tho i flushed it out with cleaner, probably had a wedged pebble.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,206 Likes on 2,958 Posts

Looks like it worked.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:02 PM
SnowBeast428
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Looks like it worked.
That it did. Hopefully this takes off as honestly i loved the jeep version of this page. People showing off all their mods and edits. even cleaning the truck up nice to look near factory is worthy of being posted here. Plus also it gives great ideas for other projects to do.

Old 08-29-2021, 12:29 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I’ll chime in with one, added shackle mounts and shackles for recovery. Didn't want to spend the $300ish for factory hooks and don't like the “M” looking ones. All welded into the bumper brackets where the OEM ones mount.

Old 08-30-2021, 04:46 PM
SnowBeast428
Professional

I'm going to post again because I am literally doing projects every 3 days but I'm glad others are posting to. Great job kej and i like the rings have a rubber/plastic guard on them. Ignore the other videos I'm young and have weird humor, video's are fine as well as some mods can't be done justice via picture.

Old 01-30-2023, 08:51 AM
racerxv6
Veteran
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

So my son got home last week with his Gen 3 04 RAM 1500 4.7L from work. Decided to go to the store 20 minutes later. Attempted to start her and he said it made a funny sound and then started running really rough . So yesterday I hooked up the OBD tool and checked the codes. P0068 Map/MAF and P0300 Randon/Multiple Cylinder Misfire. Changed out the MAP it was original, then the TPS. With no luck I succumbed to a compression test and this is what I found: 1=115, 3=115, 5=115, 7=115 - 2=0, 4=100, 6=115, 8=115. So my journey will begin with a tear down and already knowing that she most likely jumped time, I will see how bad the damage is. I will be opening a thread under the Tech forum shortly. She has 225,000 miles on her and I just hate to see her have to go though this surgery. She has been a good truck for the last 13 years I have owned her.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 3rd Gen today?