3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2wd vs 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 AM
rayoj
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for all the replys. I knew before I even wrote this what the answer would be, but a little piece of me was hoping different.haha Like I said in the thread the 4x4's are hard to find with the price I want to spend and the mileage I want on the truck. I have found a few, but they go so damn quick I have missed out. I will keep on looking till I find it. Thanks again

Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by rayoj
Thanks guys for all the replys. I knew before I even wrote this what the answer would be, but a little piece of me was hoping different.haha Like I said in the thread the 4x4's are hard to find with the price I want to spend and the mileage I want on the truck. I have found a few, but they go so damn quick I have missed out. I will keep on looking till I find it. Thanks again
Your welcome anytime, and just wait and you will find a great truck, I waited and pass a few good ones up then I got my current truck and I couldn't be any happier with it

Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM
itsahemi4x4
Professional

You'll find the right one. Patience is a virtue

Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If you know you'll never go OFF ROAD, then a 2WD is fine (unless snow is a consideration), but once you utter those two words then you need to be looking 4x4.

I do know many farm boys in south Georgia with 2wd trucks, mostly farm trucks who lift 'em and put aggressive tires on them. Use them for work around the farm, heavy haulin' and weekend play. A lot of these guys go where the 4x4s go and sometimes they even do better and end up pulling out a stuck 4x4 BUT these guys grew up doing it and know just how to drive a 2 wheel drive in the south Ga. swamps. The inexperienced need not attempt it...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 05-01-2012 at 12:24 PM.