3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

How safe are our trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Ellis42
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thumperk15
That was April '07 and she's probably sleeping, it's 10:50pm and she has work at 6:45am. Yes she is fine lol. Very scary wreck!

She was on her way to work when a Tyson tractor trailer husband wife team ran off the road and overcorrected. I was the second on scene working the wreck(I'm a Firefighter). It took a couple hours to get her out, she was taken in via Air Evac. She spent a few hours at the hospital and months off work with two fractured vertabre.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but showing our Dodges should be biult just as good as the gen2. It's taken me a while to speak about it but I like to share because with luck, being looked down upon, and the hard workers she made it out alive. I've seen minor wrecks with DOA's and ones like this with minor injuries. Thing is if there was a passenger in her truck they'd have an A-pillar crushing them. I'm glad your wreck was minor and be happy you own a big rig. That's why I bought my Dodge.
Thanks for answering that right away I felt a lil weird after post because I didn't want the worst or to bring it up

But thank God she made it alive and I thank you for sharing your moms accident story with us

I lost 2 sister-in-laws(wifes sisters and their kids) and a nephew and niece in a single accident about a year an a half ago, it was very tragic and heartbreaking to see such young lives taken

Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 AM
GeorgiaE30
Amateur

Glad to hear everyone is ok! Deffianlty never going back outside of Mopar products...except maybe for a corvette...

Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Shawn Selzer
Default this happend last week

Had a woman make a illegal u turn infront of me on a 2 lane road. hit her in the right front tire i was doing 45 mph in the rain when it happend.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by Shawn Selzer
Had a woman make a illegal u turn infront of me on a 2 lane road. hit her in the right front tire i was doing 45 mph in the rain when it happend.
And......

You left us hanging, all other stories talk about how the vehicles held up in the crash and you just told us what happened

Old 05-02-2012, 12:22 PM
GeorgiaE30
Amateur

Originally Posted by Ellis42
And......

You left us hanging, all other stories talk about how the vehicles held up in the crash and you just told us what happened
Lol right. I dont know about you all but I think a bull bar will be in the near future for me

Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by GeorgiaE30
Lol right. I dont know about you all but I think a bull bar will be in the near future for me
Ya I agree, I want to buy one but it would much cheaper to make my own

Old 05-02-2012, 01:39 PM
GeorgiaE30
Amateur

Originally Posted by Ellis42
Ya I agree, I want to buy one but it would much cheaper to make my own
Yeah. I had the option to put the NFab replacement bumper on but I decided against it. Just not the look im goin for.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:02 PM
areinike
Veteran

My '03 has been through hell and back. Crashed into a concrete mailbox, chain link fence, t-boned a Silverado and rear ended a Civic - then decided to get it fixed. If it wasn't for the hood buckling a little bit - I may have kept it that way ... yeesh. I have since quit drinking.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:14 PM
GeorgiaE30
Amateur

Originally Posted by areinike
My '03 has been through hell and back. Crashed into a concrete mailbox, chain link fence, t-boned a Silverado and rear ended a Civic - then decided to get it fixed. If it wasn't for the hood buckling a little bit - I may have kept it that way ... yeesh. I have since quit drinking.
And you still have a license after all this? Lol

Old 05-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by areinike
Haha your crazy, but overall point is the truck held up for the most part right...

Quick Reply: How safe are our trucks?