3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

How safe are our trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:01 PM
GeorgiaE30
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellis42
Haha your crazy, but overall point is the truck held up for the most part right...
Id say so

Old 05-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Rich 2500
Veteran

I've been hanging out on these forums for 5 years or more, the point is I must have read over 50 posts about crashes, and I can't even remember anyone not walking away.
My old boss had a saying: "I'll put a ton in front, a ton behind, I'll sit on the other ton, and let them try to get to me".

Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Shawn Selzer
Default how safe our trucks are

Sorry tryed to post pic and got side tracked. but its about 6000.00 damage i was a little banged up. lady i hit wnt by ambulance to the hospital. she was driving a 2011 Buick 4 door. and i know i totaled her car. Im having to replace the bumper, front core support, head lights, fog lights grill, hood hindges, left fender, plus re work the hood, right fender, blend the doors. not to mention i had hide away strobes in the head lights and in the grill along with 2 siren speakers in the front that look like crushed beer cans. fo some reson i cant post any pic of it.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Rich 2500
Veteran

You need a few more posts, I forget it might be 10 before you can post Pics.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaE30
Lol right. I dont know about you all but I think a bull bar will be in the near future for me
Bull bar is just going to collapse into your grille/lights and cause more damage. Unless you are getting an actual BUMPER, a bolt-on bull bar or brush guard is just a glorified light fixture.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 AM
GeorgiaE30
Amateur

Originally Posted by Rich 2500
You need a few more posts, I forget it might be 10 before you can post Pics.
Photobucket

Old 05-03-2012, 11:35 AM
GeorgiaE30
Amateur

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
Bull bar is just going to collapse into your grille/lights and cause more damage. Unless you are getting an actual BUMPER, a bolt-on bull bar or brush guard is just a glorified light fixture.
Ya i got to lookin at them yesterday. Not a good idea. I would put a full bumper setup on but I havent found one I liked yet. Price isnt really an issue cause i got quoted for 900 plus tax for all the bumper parts

Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 PM
areinike
Veteran

Id say so
Sure did Still does. I think it forgives me now.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 PM
areinike
Veteran

And you still have a license after all this? Lol
Even says "Safe Driver" on it.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:48 AM
03celicagts
Professional

Originally Posted by thumperk15
That was April '07 and she's probably sleeping, it's 10:50pm and she has work at 6:45am. Yes she is fine lol. Very scary wreck!

She was on her way to work when a Tyson tractor trailer husband wife team ran off the road and overcorrected. I was the second on scene working the wreck(I'm a Firefighter). It took a couple hours to get her out, she was taken in via Air Evac. She spent a few hours at the hospital and months off work with two fractured vertabre.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but showing our Dodges should be biult just as good as the gen2. It's taken me a while to speak about it but I like to share because with luck, being looked down upon, and the hard workers she made it out alive. I've seen minor wrecks with DOA's and ones like this with minor injuries. Thing is if there was a passenger in her truck they'd have an A-pillar crushing them. I'm glad your wreck was minor and be happy you own a big rig. That's why I bought my Dodge.
omg god man i dunno how id react coming onto that scene. I currently have my emt basic and am going down to Texas in a couple weeks to get my fire fighter II and hazmat operational level. I know my training would kick in, but my fear is I dunno if i could handle coming on scene for a casualty I am friends with nevermind a family member. Did the IC limit your duties at all when they found out it was your mom?

Quick Reply: How safe are our trucks?