3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Got board today so I bought to plasti dip PICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
ricer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Five.SevenRAM
how much does a can of that cost? i wanna do my rims and emblems...maybe my grille.
I used 2 cans on my grill and 4 cans on my wheels. You just need to make sure everything is super clean. I wipe everything I am going to plastidip with alcohol. If you get 5 cans it should do everything you are wanting to do.

Last edited by ricer; 05-04-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:03 PM
tneville
Professional

how much does a can of that cost? i wanna do my rims and emblems...maybe my grille.
its like 4 or five dollars down at home depot

Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like the look, now you gotta go all the way, steps and bumpers....

Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ricer
I used 2 cans on my grill and 4 cans on my wheels. You just need to make sure everything is super clean. I wipe everything I am going to plastidip with alcohol. If you get 5 cans it should do everything you are wanting to do.

awesome tip, thanks a lot!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Five.SevenRAM
Veteran
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tneville
its like 4 or five dollars down at home depot

sweet, thanks for the info man.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 PM
ricer
Veteran

awesome tip, thanks a lot!
When I did my badges I even took a q-tip and cleaned down in every little crevice just to make sure the plastidip would adhere really good.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:02 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry for the ignorance as there have been hundreds of Plasti-dip threads most of which i havent read through thoroughly...

How does Plasti-dip handle being sprayed to plastic. Chip, scratch, peel factor? Straight on or some sort of adhesion promoter first?
How does Plastidip do with sunfade? is it UV resistant?
All of my plastic trim parts have faded and was debating on spraying them with something, but spray can paint would chip/peel overtime regardless on how well it's applied, especially on the mirrors and front bumper trim where bugs and rocks can chip it away.

I'll just go with a POR15 that's UV resistant if need-be.

thanks for the info.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 AM
ricer
Veteran

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Sorry for the ignorance as there have been hundreds of Plasti-dip threads most of which i havent read through thoroughly...

How does Plasti-dip handle being sprayed to plastic. Chip, scratch, peel factor? Straight on or some sort of adhesion promoter first?
How does Plastidip do with sunfade? is it UV resistant?
All of my plastic trim parts have faded and was debating on spraying them with something, but spray can paint would chip/peel overtime regardless on how well it's applied, especially on the mirrors and front bumper trim where bugs and rocks can chip it away.

I'll just go with a POR15 that's UV resistant if need-be.

thanks for the info.
I haven't had any problem with chipping with the exception of a couple of rocks to my grill. But I think anything would chip from that. It is really easy to fix, you just touch it up and the touched up area just blends right in. I have used quite a bit of PD and I haven't had any peeling issues and I don't use any adhesion promoter.
They do make a UV resistant PD but I haven't been able to find it locally. I did notice a very slight fading on my grill a while back after about a year and a half but I just resprayed it and it looked like new again. I really like it because it is so easy to work with and if ya don't like how it turns out you can just peel it off.
I thought about POR15 too and have read quite a few threads about using it but it is permanent and it is such a PIA to use. It stains and sticks to everything.

Last edited by ricer; 05-08-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Got board today so I bought to plasti dip PICS