3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Weekend project(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 PM
citori13
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really good man! I'm thinking about doing my headlights too, how difficult were they to do? I saw there is a DIY in the FAQ section. Do you have any front view shots of them on your truck?

Old 06-12-2012, 05:56 PM
tneville
Professional

Originally Posted by citori13
Looks really good man! I'm thinking about doing my headlights too, how difficult were they to do? I saw there is a DIY in the FAQ section. Do you have any front view shots of them on your truck?
Name:  IMAG0510.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  113.1 KB
It was a pain to make because of all the trips to the store. For me it was mostly a learning experience and if i did it over I would have made a better plan then just dive in with making the halos. As far as just painting its pretty easy.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Any pics of the lights and halo lit up?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 AM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the Browning deer turn signal lol. And from the side all the black looks weird to me but after seeing it from the front it looks really good. I can't wait to black out my truck

Old 06-13-2012, 09:30 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, I love the black. I'm thinking of doing my truck as well, can't wait to get started. I may do my headlights too.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:51 PM
ewing111
Captain

Any update on the halo lights? I finished blacking out most all of my truck today, you can see it in my sig. I want to do my headlights next and am thinking of doing halo's. Was that hard to do? Did you tie it into your headlight power? I've looked around for a halo diy on hear but havent seen much.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:11 PM
tneville
Professional

Here are some pics, my phone has issues with night so it doesnt do them justice.
Name:  IMAG0512.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  67.6 KB
Name:  IMAG0514.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  64.4 KB

Old 06-17-2012, 10:19 PM
tneville
Professional

Originally Posted by ewing111
Any update on the halo lights? I finished blacking out most all of my truck today, you can see it in my sig. I want to do my headlights next and am thinking of doing halo's. Was that hard to do? Did you tie it into your headlight power? I've looked around for a halo diy on hear but havent seen much.
Your truck looks great! black on blue is my favorite combination. The project was pretty easy but time consuming, all the trips to the store and back is what sucked. I ran the power from the battery to a switch in the cab then to the lights so i can turn them on when I want. Im hoping I can get some hids where the fog lights go and just rock the halos and use the hids as my main light.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 AM
ewing111
Captain

Originally Posted by tneville
Your truck looks great! black on blue is my favorite combination. The project was pretty easy but time consuming, all the trips to the store and back is what sucked. I ran the power from the battery to a switch in the cab then to the lights so i can turn them on when I want. Im hoping I can get some hids where the fog lights go and just rock the halos and use the hids as my main light.
Thanks! The white truck at night with all the black looks pretty BA too. What sort of tubing did you use to run the led's through? Did you just put 1 at each end? Weedahoe has a diy posted up somewhere where he cut the tube in 4 sections to get more led's in there. Are you satisfied with the brightness? This seems like a pretty sweet mod if it worked out well, halo upgrades are kinda pricey for all they are, even just the halo's off of oracle are like 200 bucks... Like where you are going with the truck though.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:07 PM
tneville
Professional

Originally Posted by ewing111
Thanks! The white truck at night with all the black looks pretty BA too. What sort of tubing did you use to run the led's through? Did you just put 1 at each end? Weedahoe has a diy posted up somewhere where he cut the tube in 4 sections to get more led's in there. Are you satisfied with the brightness? This seems like a pretty sweet mod if it worked out well, halo upgrades are kinda pricey for all they are, even just the halo's off of oracle are like 200 bucks... Like where you are going with the truck though.
I went to home depot and bought some blind rod things that you twist to open or close the blinds for the tube.($2 each) My setup has 2 leds per ring, for the outer ring this is enough light. The inner ring is about twice as big as I thought so I should have either put 2 more leds in or used stronger ones. Overall Im happy with my setup and it sure beats paying full price.

Quick Reply: Weekend project(pics)