3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

trying to add an aux diesel tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 05:02 PM
kln4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to add an aux diesel tank

I came across a pretty nice aluminum 40gal aux tank and want to install it in the bed of my 02 2500. I trying to figure out the venting on my oem tank and am not sure where to look now. Last November I installed a AirDog FP-100 transfer pump that replaces the internal oem pump and it works fine. I bought the gravity feed RDS kit and I'm ready to install it. I need to know where the vent hose actually goes. I also have a couple of options open as well. If the gravity feed doesn't work I do have a raptor transfer pump I can use but I'd like to try and make it as simple and as quick as possible. The oem tank is the 36gal tank. The internal pump also has a capped port on top named "Aux Capped fitting", it also has a roll over valve. It doesn't give a lot of info on capped fitting but I'm guessing it for an auxiliary fuel tank.
If anyone has done this with their trucks I would appreciate any advice and tips
Thanks

Last edited by kln4; 07-08-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: forgot to add info

Quick Reply: trying to add an aux diesel tank