3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2005 Dodge 3500 Diesel Transmission vibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 12:48 AM
mheynen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge 3500 Diesel Transmission vibration

Hello,
I have a 2005 Dodge 3500 Diesel and when I am driving with no load on the truck seems to always want to shift into overdrive at low speeds. At about 80km/hr the truck is driving at 1100 rpm and seems to cause a slight vibration in the transmission. When it drops down a gear or I put it in tow haul the vibration immediately dissipates.
Any idea of what would cause this?
Thanks
Mitch

Last edited by mheynen; 07-31-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:57 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mheynen
Hello,
I have a 2005 Dodge 3500 Diesel and when I am driving with no load on the truck seems to always want to shift into overdrive at low speeds. At about 80km/hr the truck is driving at 1100 rpm and seems to cause a slight vibration in the transmission. When it drops down a gear or I put it in tow haul the vibration immediately dissipates.
Any idea of what would cause this?
Thanks
Mitch

Mitch,

Tow haul mode is made for towing and hauling. When you are driving with no load it is always recommended to leave the tow haul mode off; this should eliminate the vibration. However, if you find that the vibration continues I would recommend contacting your local Chrysler Canada service department. They are trained specifically to diagnose and repair Ram trucks.

Feel free to PM me if you need any further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge 3500 Diesel Transmission vibration